Coach/Teacher (Combined Role)
- Life Leisure for Stockport Metro Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Coaching Swimming: Level 1 Award or Assistant Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Closing Date:
- 9th October 2022 23:59
Life Leisure in Cheshire is recruiting for a combined role of Development Coach and Teacher, to work full time with Stockport Metro Swimming Club. The coach will play an integral role in the development of our young swimmers and help strengthen the link between our successful lessons and and performance coaching programme.
Reporting to: Head Coach and Pool Coordinator
The philosophy at Life Leisure is Preferred Behaviours = Personal Best, quite simply that people achieve their personal best through the display of preferred behaviours. Five main behaviour principles underpin the philosophy: Winner, Authenticity, Together, Caring and Happy – the W.A.T.C.H. principles. The below aims to give an idea of how Life Leisure expect the W.A.T.C.H. principles to be demonstrated by a swimming coach.
- To lead a development squad of swimmers aged 8-11 with a primary focus on improving technique, skill and training ability
- To lead and develop the adult Swimfit programme
- To assist with the lead coach on youth squad sessions
- To teach on our lessons programme
- Admin duties including session planning and squad communication
Behaviour Profile – WATCH principles
- To create a coaching environment which is a fun, safe, and inclusive. A supportive environment in which participants may develop winning characteristics aligned with the Optimal Athlete Development Framework and progress through to achieve their potential in swimming within a world class programme.
- To deliver swimming lessons in which participants may improve their water confidence, develop core aquatic skills and improve their capability in all 4 strokes and progress through to achieve their potential in swimming.
- To be responsible for planning and delivering teaching and coaching sessions.
- Keep the programme up to date by actively seeking to continue your own professional development. Staying abreast of current developments and techniques by attending relevant technique training. Provide swimmers with a syllabus of training, competition and education appropriate for their long term development.
- Positively promote Life Leisure and the development of competitive swimming within Stockport and District.
- To show a genuine passion for swimming and water based activities and desire to encourage lifelong participation.
- To show enthusiasm for customer service and delivering the best service possible to Life Leisure’s members and guests.
- To be responsible for dealing with the public regarding teaching and coaching matters, the content of the scheme and placement queries.
- Work as part of the teaching and coaching team to improve the service delivery.
- To play a major role in the teaching of swimming lessons at the centre.
- Attend monthly coach and teacher meetings for effective information sharing and learning
- Create an inclusive and supportive environment in which members can improve their skills and achieve their potential.
- Place and move children, according to ability and squad criteria, into appropriate groups and at the appropriate time. Liaise with the Head Coach/Head Development Coach for all squad movements.
- Generate enthusiasm and energy amongst the teaching and coaching team.
- Positively promote Life Leisure’s WATCH principles and behaviours.
Additional Preferred Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate/ASA Level 1 coaching award and Level 2 swimming teacher qualification. We will consider applications from someone with an interest in working towards Assistant Swimming Coach if not already qualified.
- The ability to relate and communicate with people of all ages and deal with associative issues and situations.
- The ability to be well planned.
- The ability to work to deadlines and exceed targets.
- The ability to monitor, evaluate and be prepared to change plans where necessary.
- The ability to keep accurate records.
- The ability to work on own initiative and to work as part of a wider team.
- Willingness to go the extra mile in pursuit of excellence in 2022 and beyond.
How to apply
Please submit a CV via the apply button.