- Hamilton Aquatics Swimming Training LLC
- Contract Type:
- Water Safety: RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC)
- Water Safety: RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- United Arab Emirates
- £26k to £27k GBP, (tax free and exchange rate dependant)
- Closing Date:
- 21st October 2019 23:59
- Job Reference:
Hamilton Aquatics is looking for an enthusiastic full-time Development Coach to work in Dubai. If you are looking to make a career in swimming coaching, this could be the right job for you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly professional coaching team and a club that are developing swimmers to international podiums, year after year. This position will support your coaching development and provide opportunities to progress, by coach education and experiencing different roles within. We have had numerous coaches move on from these positions in the past 10 years and go on to be Head Coaches or Assistant Coaches at other clubs – it is a great opportunity to develop your coaching career and work with some fantastic young swimmers.
Hamilton Aquatics is renowned for their progressive ethos in line with LTAD and commitment to excellence, and as such are seeking a like-minded individual with a talent for ensuring quality within a professional environment.
- Planning and delivery of sessions for Foundation, Development and Potential Squads, or any other squads as directed by the Head Coach.
- Planning and delivery of sessions for the school swim squads as applicable.
- Deliver all sessions in line with Hamilton Aquatics’ code of conduct and with consideration of child protection policies whether lessons, squad sessions or school squad sessions.
- To deliver suitable technique/skills-based sessions in line with the vision and philosophy of Hamilton Aquatics coaching team.
- To record swimmer’s attendance on the registers and upload all details on to the booking system daily.
- To encourage swimmers to enter competitions as per the competition calendar set by the Head Coach and advise swimmers what events to enter.
- Attendance at competitions, both locally and overseas as required.
- Setting swimmers goals and working with them to achieve them.
- Regularly reviewing training and performance to ensure that the training programme is always moving forwards.
- Running of school swim squad clinics to promote Hamilton Aquatics squad programme.
- Talent identify any swimmers from the Learn to Swim programme and school squads for moving in to the squads.
- Talent identify any swimmers for moving into the next squad level.
- To attend clinics organised by the area team or by direction of the Head Coach.
- Deliver everything in line with our core values – Pride, Respect, Excellence, Positivity and Unity – these are big beliefs of ours and are implemented daily across the academy.
- Working in line with all of the above to create a culture in which success is inevitable.
- Dealing with complaints and ensuring that these are escalated where necessary.
- To deal with enquiries and communication from parents in a professional manner.
- To liaise, report and communicate with the Head Coach on a daily basis.
- Lead area meetings alongside the Area Manager - report and document these area meetings for the Head Coach.
- Attend coaches’ meetings on a weekly basis.
Quality Assurance and Health and Safety:
- Raising any concerns regarding child protection to the child protection officer.
- Have a full understanding of the PSOPs of the site prior to starting the coaching session, and to ensure that these are on site for the entirety of the coaching session.
- Ensuring that all swimmers and spectators are following pool rules and that health and safety is observed at all times.
- Deal appropriately with emergency situations, providing First Aid when necessary and in the event of an incident or accident filling out a report form with as much detail as possible and following reporting to the line manager or senior management as appropriate.
- To attend staff training and CPD sessions and keep knowledge up to date.
- To consider own personal development needs when choosing optional CPD attendance.
- If the coach is the first on site, then they must take on the site management responsibilities of ensuring the pool is safe to use by carrying out pool test and filling out checks sheets.
- If the coach is the last to leave site, then they must take on the site management responsibilities of ensuring that the pool is secured on leaving and that all swimmers having been collected.
- If, for any reason, the site manager is absent or there is no site manager at the site, the coach may be asked to take on site manager responsibilities. It is the coach’s responsibility to ensure they understand what this entails prior to the teaching session.
- Complete all administration tasks required for the smooth running of the squads that are directed from Head Coach.
- Liaise with the Head Coach in order to keep all Team Manager files up to date and ensure competitions entries are done before the closing dates.
- To take bookings and payments and record them appropriately, and ensure they are handed over to the Squads Administrator in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all registers and monitoring sheets are kept up to date and sent weekly to the Squads Administrator.
- Ensure that pool checks are being carried out, documented, and handed to the Pool Operations Officer each week.
- To assist with the induction of new recruits under guidance of the Head Development Coach.
The position is full time with a 2-year contract which is renewable, the total package will be in the region of £26k to £27k GBP, (tax free and exchange rate dependant). Benefits include health insurance and an annual air ticket to home country.
Applicants must have a proven track record in developing junior swimmers and managing their own squad or club. Experience in these areas are vital and we will only be recruiting somebody with an experienced coaching background.
This position would commence from 28th December 2019, to begin a short induction and shadowing process, before starting on deck from Sunday 5th January 2020.
How to apply
If you are ready for this exciting challenge, please send your applcation via the apply button, quoting reference HA_DCASC19.
Please include your covering letter, your CV along with copies of your UKCC Level 2 Coaching of Aquatics (or equivalent) Certificate, Lifeguard Qualification plus any current DBS.
For an informal chat or to ask any coaching specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Contact phone