Head Swimming Coach
- Broomfield Park Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Negotiable, subject to experience and qualifications
- Closing Date:
- 19th July 2019 23:59
- Job Reference:
- BPSC HC
Broomfield Park Swimming Club, based in Barnet, is seeking a new Head Coach to support the development of all swimmers in a positive and safe environment.
Broomfield Park Swimming Club aims to play a key role in delivering swimming within the local community. We are a competitive club affiliated to Swim England, providing ‘Learn to Swim’ sessions for younger children, competitive opportunities in our Development, Junior and Senior Squads, through to non-competitive sessions and opportunities for Juniors, Adults and Masters.
The successful candidate will have excellent coaching, communication and management skills, the ability to positively inspire confidence and motivate swimmers.
- Provide a committed and professional approach towards coaching, supporting all swimmers within the club to achieve their full potential
- Monitor swimmers progress at all levels and co-ordinate promotions within the club, in conjunction with the views of other squad coaches.
- Provide direction and performance targets to develop an effective squad structure, ensuring swimmers are provided with feedback and clear progression paths
- Prepare and deliver appropriate training sessions.
- Ensure regular, clear and open communication with parents / guardians to promote a friendly and inclusive club environment
- Co-ordinate, motivate and lead the coaching teams, providing advice, support and mentoring to coaches and water helpers.
- Ensure allocation of swimming sessions within pool time are equitable and fair, allowing all swimmers opportunities to attend and develop
- Abide by and promote all club policies, deliver all sessions in line with the club’s codes of conduct, safeguarding statement + policy.
- Support and contribute to club development initiatives, liaising with club committee members and trustees and attending regular monthly meetings
- Actively encourage squad swimmers to enter competitions and provide guidance on suitable and appropriate events for their abilities.
- Oversee the selection of swimmers to represent Broomfield Park Swimming Club at all team events.
- Attend appropriate competitions (open and team meets, county, regional) together with the squad coaches, to ensure effective mentoring and safeguarding of swimmers.
- Assist in determining swimming ability of all new starters and members to the club and assigning to correct swim sessions/squads
- Assist with the recruitment and induction of new coaches.
- Ensure that all swimmers and spectators are following pool rules and that health and safety is observed at all times.
- Regularly review the clubs overall training and performance to ensure that the training programme is always moving forwards.
- Strong motivational ability
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Ability to make swim sessions enjoyable and progressive
- Efficient and effective time management
- Approachable, friendly and engaged with swimmers of all abilities
- UKCC Level 2 coaching qualification minimum (aspiring to Level 3)
- Adhere to the Swim England Child Protection Policy and ensure it is promoted
- Have a current pool rescue certificate or lifeguard qualification
- Demonstrable experience in coaching to county and regional level preferable
- Salary negotiable subject to experience and qualifications
How to apply
How to apply
A DBS check and references will form an essential part of the suitability for the role
Applications should be made by submitting the following:
- Cover Letter - including a personal statement on your skills, experience & values to meet the requirements of this role
- Comprehensive CV
- Details of 2 available references and one from your current/most recent employer
- Copy of your UKCC Level 2 Coaching Certificate
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.