Head Swimming Coach
- Kings Langley Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Water Safety: RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC)
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- £25.00 per hour Tuesday and Thursday 6-9pm
- Closing Date:
- 20th October 2021 23:59
- Job Reference:
- Head Coach
Kings Langley Swimming Club, based in Hertfordshire, is looking for a new head coach to take on this small friendly swimming club, due to the imminent retirement of the existing head coach.
Kings Langley is a small, very friendly all inclusive club. We swim at York House, a private school, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6-9pm.
The Head Coach has a key role at the Club in supporting the Club’s ethos to encourage children and young people at all levels of ability and achievement to enjoy and benefit from swimming. The position will require providing leadership to swimmers, teachers, volunteers and parents to facilitate swimmers to reach their full potential. In addition to ensure the smooth running of the club with in-house events, including time trials and club championships along with associated administration. We also hope to return to our previous external competitions - The Chilterns and Peanuts.
- To set coaching policy, teaching and performance goals for all squads, specifically relating to the development and continuation of an effective squad structure in collaboration with the committee
- Provide a committed and professional approach towards coaching and supporting all swimmers to reach their full potential
- Actively encourage members to take part in competitions and put effective programs in place to maximise performances at the galas
- Work with, support and mentor all coaches and poolside helpers. Develop an education strategy to enhance existing coaching skills and develop long term capacity
- Organise the monthly rota to ensure that the appropriate level of coaching is available for all squad sessions.
- Attend all appropriate galas and provide swimmers with feedback and guidance to improve. Use the feedback given to guide the planning of future coaching and teaching goals
- Work alongside the gala secretary to organise the two club championship galas, delegating roles appropriately to swim teachers and volunteers where necessary
- Monitor swimmers’ progress and co-ordinate swimmer transition within the squad structure (in conjunction with the other teachers), and relay information to relevant committee members in a timely manner
- Work with the gala secretary and committee to oversee the selection of competitions and galas for the squads to compete in across the year to provide an appropriate selection of events and opportunities for the swimmers
- Attend the regular committee meetings in order to interact and consult with committee members
- Follow health and safety procedures and the Swim England Child Protection Policy. Be aware and understand the facility Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and Normal Operating Procedures (NOP)
- Communicate with parents/guardians to support all of the above
This is an immediate position: applicants must already be available and have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
Please send your application, with CV and references, via the apply button.
- Contact phone