Lead Squad Coach
- Rushmoor Royals Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Competitive / negotiable, subject to experience and qualifications
- Closing Date:
- 18th July 2019 23:59
- Job Reference:
Rushmoor Royals Swimming Club is affiliated to the ASA South East Region and is the leading Competitive Swimming Club in North Hampshire, covering the areas of Aldershot, Farnborough, Fleet, Camberley and Yateley. The Club is currently in an exciting development phase; seeing many swimmers competing at County, Regional and National level and providing competitive opportunities for all ages and abilities. The Club is keen to appoint an ambitious and determined coach to join the team on the next phase of our journey.
We are seeking a:
- Performance/development coach for swimmers aged 9-14 years
- Coach who has a passion and proven track record of developing swimmers in a competitive environment at all ages, abilities and commitment levels.
The role - main responsibilities:
- Work under the guidance and mentorship of our Head Coach in delivering the swimming training and competition programme
- Work as part of a team with a highly experienced and qualified team of coaches across a range of squads within our overall club structure
- Be able to design, communicate and implement annual, periodic and weekly/daily training programmes as appropriate to the identified squad(s) and individuals
- Attend competitions as appropriate and as agreed with the Head Coach
- Be able to assume responsibilities away from the pool deck, such as attendance and record keeping, team selection, coaching cover coordination etc.
- Other duties as appropriate to the role.
Qualifications and Qualities Required:
- Minimum of an ASA / UKCC Level 2 Coaching Swimming Qualification/Swim England Swimming Coach certificate (or equivalent) with evidence of undertaking CPD and a commitment to working towards higher qualifications
- Have experience of coaching in the appropriate swimming/coaching areas
- Be confident working and communicating with a wide range of people from the swimming community
- Be highly motivated and passionate about developing swimmers as people as well as athletes and enabling them to reach their full potential
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills, together with ICT proficiencies
- Have a knowledge of the long-term athlete development programme (LTAD)
- Full UK driving licence and the ability to travel to our training and competition venues across the UK
- Completion of Safeguarding Children training (or the ability to undertake this training prior to employment commencement).
This position will have an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to develop and progress their coaching skills, whilst performing a key role in our coaching team.
This will be a salaried position with hours and remuneration commensurate with qualifications, experience and availability. The successful candidate’s development and progression will also be a central focus.
Applications on a part-time basis will also be considered for this role
Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and DBS clearance.
How to apply
Please submit your application through the 'apply' button below where you should submit a CV and covering letter stating why you believe that you would be suitable for the role.
If you require any further information about the position, then please contact the Club Chair via the same method.