Lead Squad Coach
- Newham & University of East London Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- See description
- Closing Date:
- 25th April 2020 23:59
- Job Reference:
Newham and University of East London Swimming Club (NUELSC) is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Lead Squad Coach to help to continue to drive the club forward by increasing participation across the borough and continuing to improve the current swimmers competitive standards.
Reporting To: Head Coach, Chairman
Working Hours: 10-20 hours made up of coaching hours and talent ID hours
Salary: Between £15-17 per hour for coaching hours dependant on experience and qualifications and £12 per hour for talent ID hours
To be able to plan and deliver session plans in line with an annual plan that meet the Head Coach's vision and the OADF to ensure the clubs members continue to progress in a manner suitable for the individual swimmers.
Lead Squad Coach:
- To be able to plan sessions that suit the squads ability and ensures progressive practices to further develop all swimmers within the squad
- To ensure all 'events' are in line with NUELSC's code of conduct and with consideration of Swim England's child protection policies during all squad sessions, camps, competitions and social events.
- Be punctual, reliable and committed to the club and its goals and willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
- Ensure that you are made aware of / take note of any special needs of the swimmers i.e. any medical conditions, physical impairments and fitness levels.
- To be able to send regular communication to swimmers, parents, committee and coaches in a professional and timely manner
- To attend competitions specific to the squad or when requested by the Head Coach
- To record swimmers attendance on the OnDeck register
- To encourage swimmers to enter competitions suitable to their ability and advise swimmers what events to enter.
- To keep up to date performance monitoring of swimmers in the squad (PB's, awards ,test sets, stats etc)
- To ensure all swimmers are poolside 10-15min for pre and post pool supervised and led by the squad coach
- To be able to deal with issues, concerns, complaints or welfare areas in a professional and timely manner and where necessary escalating them to the appropriate individuals.
- To be able to be in communication with parents, swimmers, coaches, Head Coach and committee in a professional manner and ensuring all communication is carried out in a timely fashion
- to attend bi-monthly coaches meetings and one to one coaches reviews
- To be aware of the NOP and EAP of the pool operators and being able to ensure all members are able to follow the rules of the providers and ensure health and saftey is paramount.
- To be able to deal appropriately with emergency situations, in following the EAP of the pool providers and ensure an incident report form is fillew out with as much detail as possible for the clubs reccords as well as the pool providers report. Ensure the report is delivered to the line manager or senior management.
- To ensure attendance at staff training and CPDs organised by the club, as well as CPDs appropriate to personal development.
How to apply
Please email your CV to NUELSC's Head Coach, Holly Richards via the apply button.