Lead Squad Coach
- Saxon Crown (Lewisham) Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Up to £20 an hour
- Closing Date:
- 28th February 2020 23:59
- Job Reference:
Saxon Crown (Lewisham) Swimming Club, based in London, is looking for new lead squad coaches to join our team.
We are Lewisham borough’s only competitive swimming Club. We have about 400 members, encompassing all ages and abilities, including learn to swim, development, county, regional, Masters and Disability squads. We are SwimMark accredited. We are looking for new coaches to join us to contribute to the Club’s continuing development. Part-time roles are available to support a range of squads, from overseeing our Learn to Swim programme to lead coach of junior competitive squads. We are looking for a minimum of 8 hours coaching commitment a week (with more available). There is also the opportunity for paid adminstrative hours to work alongside the Head Coach in running the coaching side of the Club.
Applicants will be well-organised, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have passion for developing young swimmers. They will have great attention to technique, excellent communication skills and be able to inspire our swimmers. They should be keen to learn and develop professionally, working alongside our Head Coach. There is the potential to take on more senior roles in the future. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking for part-time work to fit around studies or other commitments.
The specific criteria for all services are:
- Must hold a minimum UKCC Coaching or Teaching Level 2 qualification
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of swimming and its competition structure
- Understanding of and commitment to swimming specific Long Term Athlete Development.
- Ability to build strong relationships with swimmers and, parents to continually encourage individuals towards the next level of swimming or club development.
- Interest in growing professionally and being part of the coaching team
Working Arrangements for all services:
- Will involve evening and weekend hours – hours to be agreed to suit but for continuity for swimmers we would need a regular commitment at the same times each week.
- Services are likely to be provided at various pools in Lewisham that the Club uses, including pools in Lewisham, Deptford, Sydenham, Downham and Forest Hill
- Coaching will be provided on a services basis, with the expectation that coaches will be self-employed.
Remuneration: This is negotiable dependant on qualifications and experience, and will range between £15 to £20 an hour.
How to apply
For a discussion about the opportunity, please contact Voitek, our head coach, via the apply button. Please provide a CV and covering letter on what interests you about the role and your suitable experience.
Completed applications can be sent in at any time but must reach us no later than the closing date above.