Performance Swimming Coach
- March Marlins Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- £20 per hour plus incentives
- Closing Date:
- 22nd December 2021 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen within March Marlins Swimming Club, Cambridgeshire, for a Performance Swimming Coach to join the team.
Are you passionate about working with young people and adults?
Are you motivated and enthusiastic and able to work on your own as well as in the team?
Do you have flexible attitude to change and can communicate effectively with people?
March Marlins aim to be one of the best competitive swimming clubs in Cambridgeshire. It has existed for over 50 years and achieves a good mix of success, enjoyment and hard work in our endeavour to make our swimmers the best that they can be. Recently we have shown what we are capable of and what we can achieve under good coaching, therefore please be open minded as we are ready for change!
We are looking for someone who is a strong leader and can champion our talented competitive squad swimmers, who can motivate and inspire our swimmers to reach their full potential. Taking their own needs into account, you’ll draw on your knowledge of practices, progression and teaching points and apply it in the most effective way. Organisation will be key, as you will plan competition entries, you will also need to physically and mentally prepare swimmers for competition whilst actively coaching to develop a quality, structured and balanced programme with particular focus on building up the club programme. Naturally there will be some administration involved but rest assured that the majority of your time will be spent doing what you do best- coaching!
The club currently swims in the George Campbell Leisure Centre based in the Market town of March as well as 2 sessions per week are held at Whittlesey Manor Leisure centre. We operate 11 hours of water time per week across our squads and master swimmers.
March Marlins is a friendly and fast-growing club with swimmers achieving County and Regional success.
The Club is Swim Mark 21 accredited and has introduced talent pathways across all the squads. It has done this to foster a lifelong participation in swimming for all its athletes and to provide a mentoring system to maximise its swimmer’s potential.
- Appropriate coaching qualification (minimum Swim England Swimming Coach or ASA/UKCC Level 2 who is working towards Swim England Senior Swimming Coach) and a proven record of coaching swimming;
- DBS clearance and, if applicable, permit to work in the UK
- A high level of technical knowledge;
- Experience of coaching swimmers at competitive levels;
- Able to teach/ coach competitive skills;
- Able to develop techniques in line with swimmer’s own development;
- Good time management skills, ability to use time efficiently and effectively;
- The ability to motivate swimmers;
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to build and maintain effective and communicative working relationships with all coaching staff, committee members and swimmers.
How to apply
If you feel, that this is just what you are looking for please contact us via the apply button with your CV or resume.
- Contact phone