Regional Development Support Officer - South West
- Swim England
- Contract Type:
- Fixed-term contract
- No minimum/required qualifications
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Closing Date:
- 21st July 2019 22:59
- Job Reference:
Swim England South West Region is seeking a Regional Development Support Officer to join our team a maternity cover basis.
Swim England South West Region covers the counties of Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire. We are dedicated to developing the aquatic disciplines of swimming, diving, open water, synchronised swimming and water polo.
Our team, working out of our Head Office in Wellington, is tasked with supporting our clubs and swimmers and ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to participate in aquatics. The team is assisted by a large network of volunteers who are the lifeblood of our Region, working tirelessly to ensure that the Region is as effective as it can be in all the disciplines.
Reporting to the Regional Chair, the Regional Development Support Officer will act as the front line support for affiliated counties and clubs. They will manage the Pathway Programme in line with the delivery timeline and budget including staff and facilities payments. They will support the region with financial and general administration.
The successful candidate must:
- have excellent written and spoken English
- have excellent practical knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- have an excellent understanding of swimming club structures and processes
- have the ability to accurately process and disseminate large amounts of detailed information
- be able to build excellent rapport and maintain strong relationships
- exercise flexibility and remain calm and professional under pressure
- apply excellent organisational skills, effectively prioritising demanding workload
If you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work status to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment.
How to apply
To apply for this role please:
- Click the apply button to complete our suitability statement.
- Send your CV and cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role referring to the advert, person specification and job description to the email address on shown on the suitability statement. This should include any personal interests and unpaid activities. Include as much detail as possible to support your application, we receive hundreds of applications so make yours stand out! (We would recommend at least 300 words.)
Applications received without all elements above will not be considered for shortlisting.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
Interview date: Wednesday 31 July 2019
- Contact phone