Sport Development Director
- Swim England
- Contract Type:
- No minimum/required qualifications
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- £83,250 to £94,067
- Closing Date:
- 4th June 2023 23:59
Swim England is looking to appoint our next Sport Development Director to join us at an exciting and transformative juncture in our development.
The role is full time, based from home with national travel, including regular presence in our Head Office in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
Overseeing the Sport Development Directorate, this senior leader level role is responsible for directing resources across the sport development pathway, aquatic events and our talent programmes. Effectively communicating with key internal and external stakeholders, the role will ensure that Swim England continues to provide safe, well-governed and inclusive sports.
Our next Sport Development Director will have the opportunity to not only build on our achievements, but navigate the new strategic direction and immediate priorities leading a strong and experienced team. They will play a large role in positively shaping the culture of our sports, setting a precedent as to what effective safeguarding and welfare structures look like, and creatively mapping out how best to support the lifeblood of our aquatic sports – our people.
This exciting role works alongside colleagues on the senior leadership team (SLT) to provide and apply expertise to ensure our sport-specific strategic and governance aims are realised and delivered.
- Ensure that the Directorate functions effectively deliver a high-quality, inclusive experience for all stakeholders involved in our sports. Including; members, clubs, volunteers, athletes, coaches and programme support.
- Ensure engagement at all levels of the aquatic sports (regions, counties and clubs) to align the national strategy and direction with local strategies.
- Ensure the Directorate is resourced effectively and run with integrity, in order to deliver programmes and services to a high standard, within budget, whilst maximising the opportunities of external partnership funding.
- Maintain regular contact with key Sport England account management contacts, leading on our core funding submission and evaluation.
- Foster an inclusive, welcoming, safe environment and culture for everyone involved in aquatic
Closing date as above.
How to apply
For a full job description or to apply, please click the apply button to be redirected to the Swim England recruitment page.
- Contact phone