Squad Coach - ASA Level 2 (or Level 1 working towards Level 2)
- Hart Swimming Club
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Dependent on qualifications and experience
- Closing Date:
- 6th May 2019
- Job Reference
Hart Swimming Club, based in Fleet Hampshire, is looking for a Squad Coach. Responsible for coaching competitive swimmers, across a range of abilities, the successful candidate will plan and deliver a high standard of coaching in line with the head coach’s vision. We are looking for a coach who can motivate and inspire our swimmers to reach their full potential.
Hart SC is a friendly and fast growing club, of 220+ swimmers from age 7 to Masters; with swimmers achieving County, Regional, National and International success.
- Appropriate coaching qualification (minimum ASA/UKCC Level 2 or working towards ASA/UKCC Level 2) and proven record of coaching swimming.
- Full valid UK driving license
- DBS clearance and, if applicable, permit to work in the UK
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationship with all coaching staff, committee members and swimmers.
- A high level of technical knowledge.
- Good time management skills, ability to use time efficiently and effectively
- Be an effective communicator and be comfortable talking with swimmers, fellow coaches and other key people and organisations.
- The ability to motivate swimmers and communicate effectively. The ability to work both in a team environment and also alone.
- Plan, deliver and review sessions for swimmers in their squad.
- Assist with coaching of other squads as directed by the head coach.
- Attend competitions when requested.
- Provide regular and appropriate information and reporting to the head coach on a regular basis, including training and swimmer reviews, project updates, and feedback.
- Deal with enquiries and communication from swimmers and parents.
- Abide by all policies and codes required by the club.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic about development of swimmers to their full potential.
- Flexible and adaptable to working hours.
- A proactive and positive approach to your work, which may include additional hours to ensure the job is done to the best of your ability.
- Reliable and approachable at all times. A team player.
How to apply
Please submit your CV together with a supporting cover letter to the Secretary, Hart Swimming Club using the apply button below
- Contact email