- Redhill and Reigate Swimming Club
- Contract Type:
- Coaching Swimming: Level 2 Award or Swimming Coach Certificate
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- To be agreed based on experience and number of hours
- Closing Date:
- 6th March 2020 23:59
Redhill and Reigate Swimming Club, based in Redhill, Surrey, is looking to recruit an additional Squad Coach to join our team. We are keen to appoint an ambitious person to complement our existing coaching team.
This role will provide the opportunity to coach across all swimming levels, from junior Swim-Skills groups through to the senior squads. Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Squad Coach will support the coaching team in advancing the swimming programme.
The role can be flexible in terms of hours available, depending on availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing a training cycle, including regular test sets.
- Monitor swimmers’ progress and co-ordinate swimmer transition within the squad structure (in conjunction with the Head Coach and other squad coaches).
- Actively encourage members to take part in Cub Championships, and Open competitions.
- Working with the Head Coach and other squad coaches for the selection of swimmers for Club competitions (including relay events at County/Regional championships)
- Attend Club Championships, Open Events, Club Galas and training camps as required.
- To continue to develop personal knowledge and expertise in competitive swimming by undertaking training, as appropriate, in order to generate new ideas for the club, and to meet the changing needs of the post.
- Follow Health and Safety Procedures and the Swim England Child Protection Policy. Be aware and understand the Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and Normal Operating Procedures (NOP). For each pool.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- UKCC Level 2 swimming qualification or equivalent
- Proven track record of developing age group athletes
- Evidence of developing swimmers to fulfil individual potential with clear vision and strategies
Essential Abilities and Aptitude
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety practices and procedures
- Demonstrable commitment to encouraging diversity and equal opportunities
- Excellent communication, administration and organisational skills
- Good personal skills; able to develop productive relationships with swimmers, parents, and committee
- Evidence of continual professional development
How to apply
Please contact us via the apply button.