Swimming Development Coach - ASA Level 1 or Level 2
- My Sports Academy
- Job Type:
- Working Hours:
- Full time
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- From £28,000 GBP (Tax Free)
- Closing Date:
- 14th December 2018
- Job Reference
- Swim Development Coach
My Sports Academy in Dubai is seeking a dynamic, proactive and intrinsically motivated individual, equally adept within a team setting, to join our coaching team.
The successful candidate must strive for excellence in everything they do and will be required to relocate to the UAE for a 4th January 2019 contract start date. The position will involve some teaching but will be predominantly coaching based.
My Sports Academy is a sports coaching and education provider focused on quality and committed to delivering excellence. We offer curriculum support, after school activities, coach education, holiday camps and facility management at venues across the UAE. We believe in quality of coaching and therefore quality of coaches and our focus remains narrow to ensure this is the case. Focusing on four core sports only – swimming, football, triathlon and netball, our teaching/coaching philosophy centers on learning through fun and developing people not just athletes. Our core company values underpin our entire company structure; aspire; we enrich, we educate, we empower, we pursue excellence inspire; we have fun, we’re dynamic, we’re ambitious, we have integrity.
My Swim Club – Learn to Swim My Swim Club provides a complete foundation, learn to swim and development programme through to club level elite competition. Our syllabus is conducted in an enjoyable, safe and caring environment, which takes children through our star system shown below, beginning from basic water safety and independence in the pool, to all four strokes and competitive swimming.
My Swim Club – Performance MSC Dubai (My Swim Club) is a fully integrated performance section of our swim programme. The name derives from our identity as My Sports Academy whilst offering swimmers a degree of ownership of their club. This aligns with our philosophies and commitment to being child-centred and development focused, however make no mistake of it the aspiration is to compete at the very top level of swimming here in the GCC and beyond. MSC has its own training schedule separate from our Learn to Swim and Development programmes, including a comprehensive calendar of competitions both regionally and internationally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan accordingly and implement a well-structured, innovative and progressive teaching/coaching programme, ensuring a high quality and professional set-up centered on the development needs of each individual participant and the My Sports Academy coaching philosophy.
- Ensure that training sessions are skill level and developmentally appropriate.
- Exhibit high level expertise on technique development and training
- Provide regular and appropriate information and reporting to Heads of Department on a regular basis.
- Act in a leadership/mentoring role to foster young swimmer growth and development.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and strengthen the sense of community among our young swimmers.
- Oversee and manage the safety, well-being and happiness of all participants within My Sports Academy activities.
- Be a positive role model at all times, creating a positive and inclusive teaching/coaching environment and a development culture centred on ‘learning through fun’.
- Provide regular individual technical feedback to all swimmers in a variety of mediums.
- Be able to Individualize training within a group environment. Prepare sessions in advance taking into account the varying skill levels of the swimmers.
- Foster a welcoming environment for new swimmers with the goal of retaining swimmers to continue to build or maintain the programme numbers.
- Aspire to reach elite levels in swimmer performance and therefore firstly, coach performance.
- Follow all policies and codes as required by the My Sports Academy and demonstrate professional and upstanding behaviors consistent with ASA Code of Ethics.
- Complete office based and external tasks as requested, providing administrative support to an appropriate line manager and always meeting stated deadlines. Tasks will include but are not restricted to; completing a syllabus production/reviewing, session log-book (planning and reflection), collating and analyzing swimmer data, recording session attendance, taking payments, providing receipts, collecting customer data, equipment management and communicating with swimmers and parents.
- Sufficient knowledge of using Hy-Tek And Meet Manager software.
- Provide exceptional, friendly and human customer service at all times.
- Develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships with all partners ensuring exemplary representation of My Sports Academy.
- Be proactive in the promotion of all My Sports Academy activities within each venue, building relationships with children, parents and teachers alike and developing our business portfolio.
- Work in conjunction with all staff members to ensure a cohesive and happy team environment throughout the company. Encourage team participation.
- Abide by the guidelines laid out within your staff handbook, ensuring complete understanding of all company policies and procedures.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to internal and external communications.
- Attend swim competitions both internal and external when required. Attend staff development meetings, camps and other professional activities inside and outside of working hours to improve coaching performance.
- At training be prepared to work hard, leave your comfort zone and try new things that can help our kids become better swimmers, reach new levels and importantly improve as people. Show a willingness to be creative.
- Show an ability to see the bigger picture.
Skills and Experience:
- Energy, passion, enthusiasm and a proactive approach.
- Recognised teaching/coaching qualifications.
- Extensive teaching/coaching experience.
- A love and passion for swimming and working with young people.
- An understanding of how to differentiate and tailor coaching sessions to both individual and collective development needs.
- A practical and theoretical understanding of LTAD and how to achieve it.
- Ability to work towards set, short and long-term targets.
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to adapt to new environments.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative and plan and manage workload.
- First Aid qualified.
- Fluent English spoken and written level.
- Full ICT literacy and possession of own laptop with up to date full Microsoft office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Clean DBS/ police check.
- Full driving license.
For further details, please download the attached person specification.
How to apply
If you are motivated by this position and wish to apply please send your CV and a covering letter via the apply button below. Please include separately a six-month, evidenced training programme for a specific level of swimmer – LTS, Development or Squad.