- South West Swimming School
- Contract Type:
- Fixed-term contract
- Water Safety: RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC)
- Water Safety: RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Teaching Swimming: Level 2 Teaching Swimming Qualification or Level 2 Award in Teaching Aquatics
- Teaching Swimming: Level 2 Teaching Pre-School Swimming Qualification
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 20th December 2019 23:59
South West Swimming School (SWSS) based in London is looking for a Level 2-qualified Swimming teacher with minimum 2 years' experience teaching young children 3-12 year old. Candidate must be able to commit to a minimum full term with possibility to extend contract to further terms.
Commitment, passion, loyalty and the ability to create a good rapport with children is absolutely essential. Excellent communication is needed as there will be contact with parents on the poolside before and after lessons so customer care and excellent communication skills are desirable.
We would expect you to work as part of a team at all times.
SWSS candidate teacher should have (or be in the process of obtaining in near future) the following qualifications and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- STA Level 2 Award or Swim England/ASA Level 2 Teaching Aquatics or STA Level 2 Award (Baby and Pre-school)
- It is imperative that you have a clean Disclosure and Barrings Service (DBS) check
- Either the RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC) or the STA Pool Responder course (STA PR) or STA Safety Award for Teachers (STA SAT)
- It would also be an advantage if you had experience of working with young children in another field.
- You need to be a reasonably competent swimmer, able to swim sufficiently to pass a lifesaving course (about 25m and to dive to the bottom of the pool).
How to apply
Please send your CV with your motivation letter via the apply button. Alternatively call us between Monday-Friday 9am-4pm.
- Contact phone
- 0208 767 2723