- Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure
- Contract Type:
- Teaching Swimming: Level 2 Teaching Swimming Qualification or Level 2 Award in Teaching Aquatics
- Working Hours:
- Zero hours/casual
- £15 per hour
- Closing Date:
- 11th November 2021 23:59
- Job Reference:
Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure (RC&L) are searching for Level 2 qualified Teachers to join our team. We have teaching hours available at all Vision sites with pools across the London Borough of Redbridge.
Purpose(s) of Job: To be responsible for the instruction of an effective and efficient Swimming Lesson Scheme.
To comply with the requirement of the administration system for recording information as required by the Swimming Lesson Scheme.
- To ensure the highest level of ‘duty of care” with a view to the responsibilities of safe practice performed by the pupils within your charge or effected by you or your groups actions during the Swimming Lesson Scheme
- Safe usage and storage of swimming equipment.
- To provide a comprehensive lesson courseenhancing development and transfer orientated around the pupil’s recognition of success.
- To assess the performance of individuals and group development as required throughout the course of lessons.
- To liaise and develop a good working relationship with the Swimming Development Manager, members of the development team, school teachers and operational staff.
- To develop an effective teacher/pupil relationship to enhance the quality of the interaction between instruction and learning.
- To ensure the recording of any information required as part of the Swimming Lesson Scheme, or as requested to do so by the Swimming Development Manager is of the highest standard.
- To attend Swim England CPD Seminars appropriate to ensure updated knowledge of technique.
- To work as part of a team, or independently as the situation demands, support other team members and provide cover as required.
- To take the appropriate level of responsibility for health and safety.
- To assist in the management and development of the Leisure Centre’s quality assurance systems and procedures.
- To undertake any training and development activity as required for efficient service delivery.
- To understand the Vision RC&L’s commitment to Equal Opportunities and apply it when undertaking duties.
- To understand and implement Vision RC&L’s Environmental Management policy within the workplace.
- To contribute towards the Service Plan by working with colleagues to achieve service objectives.
- To adopt Vision’s Values and Personal Charter
Fundamental to fulfilling the responsibilities of this post is the ability to respond flexibly, positively and successfully to the ever changing pressures which Vision RC&L face.
This Job Description is a guide to the level and range of responsibilities the post holder will be expected to undertake initially. It is not exhaustive and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade and post.
How to apply
Please send your CV via email to Vision RCL's Aquatics Manager Holly Richards via the apply button.