Teaching Coordinator - ASA Level 2 qualified
- York City Baths Club
- Job Type:
- Fixed-term contract
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 15th June 2019
- Job Reference
- YCBC TC
York City Baths Club (YCBC) in York is looking to engage a motivated individual to deliver the role of Teaching Coordinator for the Club's established Learn to Swim Programme. The successful applicant will play a key role in the future growth and development of this programme.
- To ensure the safe and smooth running of the YCBC learn to swim teaching section.
- To attend all teaching sessions on a regular basis (provide teaching cover as appropriate).
- To coordinate and oversee swimmer movements in the teaching section.
- To act as a consistent point of contact for parents of swimmers in the teaching section.
- Coordinate the sprints programme for the teaching section.
- Actively seek to promote the YCBC learn to swim programme to ensure a steady flow of new members.
- Plan and organise volunteer cover for each of the four teaching sessions.
- Engage and support existing volunteer swimming teachers and poolside helpers.
- To coordinate a workforce development plan and help organise training as appropriate.
- Actively seek to attract additional volunteer swimming teachers and poolside helpers.
- To be an ambassador for York City Baths Club.
Learn to Swim Programme:
- To manage and lead the volunteer swimming teaching team to deliver the learn to swim programme in a consistent, professional and safe manner.
- To ensure lessons run to the planned schedule.
- To ensure that the swimming pool is set up effectively and safely in preparation for swimming lessons:
- To ensure the facility pool is fit to use and to follow the reporting processes as necessary.
- Ensuring To ensure all volunteers check equipment is safe and ready for use.
- To ensure after each class all equipment is stored safely and correctly and is fit to use for future users.
- Ensure swimmers are using equipment in a safe, responsible manner and diplomatically but firmly dealing with any misuse of equipment.
- Dealing with incidents, injuries and emergencies, completing all relevant documentation and processing it.
- To ensure all volunteers adhere to the health and safety requirements and procedures of the swimming pool providers.
- To support swimming teachers in enforcing the club codes of conduct.
- To ensure safety and enjoyment of all participants.
- To complete the necessary tasks laid out in the ‘Normal Operating Procedures’ manual.
- To ensure faults are reported and repairs monitored and recorded.
- Ensure best practice is delivered in line with Safeguarding and protecting children.
- To ensure registers are managed effectively and membership matters are handled in a timely manner.
- To liaise with swimming teachers over matters of ability grouping and decision making with regard to participant safety and progression.
- To communicate with parents and teachers in a tactful and courteous way.
- The individual must be able to react with good judgement to parent/volunteer enquiries and complaints, referring when necessary.
- To liaise with the Head Coach over the development of sessions and programs, attending participation meetings where necessary.
- To liaise with the Head Coach about the progression and movement of swimmers into the competitive training section of the Club.
- Review equipment needs and provide recommendations renewal/replacement within budget constraints.
- Candidates will require a DBS check.
- Ideally, Swim England Level 2 qualified Swimming Teacher (or equivalent).
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coach or National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate.
- First aid knowledge/qualification.
- Up to date record of CPD and a positive attitude towards it.
- Knowledge of the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme and frameworks.
- Knowledge of aquatic health and safety.
- An in-depth understanding of teaching styles and practical delivery.
- Knowledge of Long Term Athlete Development at fundamentals and swim skills stages.
- Knowledge/understanding of equity and diversity related to swimming.
- Good all-round knowledge of competitive swimming.
- Level 1 and Level 2 teachers' qualification and experience.
- Teaching, training, mentoring and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a busy team and work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and apply teaching practices appropriate to ability.
- Ability to effectively support Swimming Teachers working within the swimming program.
- Ability to adapt communication styles to suit specific types of learners.
- Energy, commitment and enthusiasm to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven track record of working within a ‘learn to swim’ program.
- Proven track record of punctuality and approachability.
- Experience of successfully leading volunteers.
- Must be computer literate and have good administrative skills.
How to apply
Please submit your up-to-date CV and a covering letter, to the YCBC Club Chairman, Steve Creighton, via the apply button below.
- Contact email