- Swim England
- Contract Type:
- No minimum/required qualifications
- Working Hours:
- Zero hours/casual
- Closing Date:
- 10th December 2019 23:59
Swim England is seeking a volunteer for the position of Chair of Water Polo Leadership Group.
Swim England’s Water Polo Leadership Group is responsible for Water Polo development and competition on behalf of the national governing body in England.
We are looking to appoint a Chair of the Leadership group on a voluntary basis to further develop and drive forward the sport of Water Polo.
In the Swim England governance structure the Water Polo Leadership Group reports directly into the Sport Operations Committee (SOC). It has a wide brief which includes overseeing the effective delivery of the Water Polo pathway from Start Water Polo through to the elite programmes, ensuring a seamless transition for all participations.
The group also provides direction on the development of the sport from clubs through to Regions, as well as guidance and input into the annual implementation plans in place to deliver the Swim England strategy.
Our Discipline Leadership Groups are formed of volunteer members, along with a member of SOC and relevant Swim England team members.
You will be someone who brings a good level of knowledge of the sport and sport development, and also be able to act independently and impartially.
- Have an open mind, be willing to actively listen and consider the views of others, whilst constructively challenging the status quo.
- Be committed to the development of Water Polo in England, considering the best way forward for the sport.
- Be able to work alongside and in partnership with the Water Polo community for the good of the sport.
Please see the full role description, person specification and the Terms of Reference of the Leadership Group for further details.
How to apply
To apply please click the apply button below and provide a written statement outlining how you meet the role description and personal specification.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 17 December in SportPark, Loughborough.
- Chair of the Water Polo Leadership Group Terms of Reference
- Chair of the Water Polo Leadership Group Person Specification
- Chair of the Water Polo Leadership Group Role Description