- Swim England North East
- Contract Type:
- No minimum/required qualifications
- Working Hours:
- Part time
- Closing Date:
- 31st December 2019 23:59
Swim England Swim North East (SENE) is seeking to appoint director members to our board. We are looking for the right people, with a genuine desire to improve the lives of people in the North East through aquatic disciplines, to join us as a Director.
Board members of SENE bring with them their personal and professional knowledge, expertise and experience in order to support SENE to achieve its key objectives. Each Board Member brings a fresh perspective and objectivity to SENE which seeks to encourage and foster a strong organisational performance, based on innovation, creativity and equality.
The posts will run for one year from the start of service date.
Individual Board Members of SENE have the following responsibilities:
- Developing Strategy and Policy: to actively and constructively contribute to and challenge the development of strategy and policy in the sub region
- Risk: to be satisfied that financial information is accurate and that systems of risk management are robust and defensible
- Delegated authority: ensuring that Board Members operate within the limits of its delegated authority.
- Monitoring performance: overseeing the work of SENE and monitoring the performance of planned areas of work against the agreed objectives and targets
- Investment: to contribute to collective decisions on recommendations to Swim England in relation to the development and investment into aquatics in the region.
- Advocacy: to be an advocate for sport and the work of SENE across the region at all times
- Individual skills, knowledge and experience: Board Members are drawn from a wide variety of backgrounds, including voluntary sector sport, local government, health, education, safer/stronger communities, private sector and others. They should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to promote sport and in particular aquatics, improve SENE’s networks and help the board reach sound decisions
- Specialist skills, knowledge and experience: Each Board Member will have a specific area of expertise and support role to the staff of SENE e.g. Finance.
How to apply
Expressions of interest, comprising a cover letter and CV/experience, should be submitted via the apply button.
- Contact phone
- 01423 637651