Swim England Young Event Volunteers ProgrammeMarch 3, 2019
The Swim England Young Event Volunteers programme is new for 2019 and is designed to give young volunteers the chance to develop the necessary experience to volunteer at a National event.
This summer Swim England will be running pilot programmes in the London and North East regions, using the experience and feedback from those involved to develop the programme for its official launch in 2020.
Both regions will be inviting all local club members across the disciplines and individuals who have engaged in their regional young volunteer development programmes.
Young Volunteers Programme London
- National Event: London Swimming Winter Regional Champs on 2/3 November 2019
- Where: London Aquatics Centre
Young Volunteers Programme North East
- National Event: National Summer Meet from 31st July to 4th August 2019
- Where: Ponds Forge International Sports Centre, Sheffield
What can I expect from the programme?
The programme provides a pathway for young volunteers to get involved in and gain role specific experience at aquatic events.
Members of the programme will first be expected to gain a minimum number of hours experience at club/local level before being allocated a role(s) at select regional events. At this stage all volunteer will receive support and guidance from a senior volunteer and role specific training if required.
For the final stage of the programme, the young volunteers will have the opportunity to volunteer at a National Swim England Event.
All young volunteers on the programme will receive Swim England Branded Kit to wear at the events and certificates will be awarded upon completion of the programme.
What is the application criteria?
All applicants must be:
- Aged 16-25yrs
- A Swim England member/member of a Swim England affiliated club
- Reside in the region that the programme is being delivered in
- Express an interested in volunteering at national event
- Previous volunteering experience is beneficial but not essential
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01509 640136.