Junior Squad Coach Vacancy Long Eaton SC17/07/2019 Latest News
Long Eaton are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly committed Junior Coach to work alongside our Chief Coach and team to develop the performance of the Club’s swimmers and to help them reach their full potential. Long Eaton Swimming Club is a Swim Mark accredited club which trains at pools in the area between Nottingham and Derby, catering from non-swimmers through to County, District, National and International levels.
Recent successes have seen their age group swimmers winning medals at County, Regional and National Level, and our Masters have won medals at British, Home Nation and International levels.
The successful applicant will need to:
- Be experienced working with young swimmers, and be qualified to UKCC Level 2, or working towards this.
- Work as a member of a team and be able to communicate effectively with club members, swimmers, parents and other coaches.
- Produce detailed plans for their squad, to be agreed with the Chief Coach.
- Have the ability to lead a team of volunteers within their sessions.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Have excellent technical knowledge of swimming technique, and the ability to communicate this effectively to swimmers.
Regular poolside hours will be around 5per week over 4 evening sessions, primarily coaching swimmers aged 8-13 in one of the club’s Junior Squads. The successful applicant will also be expected to attend galas which their squad are attending and provide occasional cover for other coaches’ absence.
An enhanced DBS check will be required. The club is proud of the CPD opportunities we are able to offer to our teachers and coaches, and the successful applicant will be encouraged to undertake additional qualifications and offered support in achieving them.
To obtain an Application Form, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 30th September, 2019