Para-Swimming Coach Development Programme 2021-202214/06/2021
Swim England’s Para-Swimming Coach Development Programme provide coaches with a diverse and unique coach development programme specifically aimed at coaches who are working with para-swimmers within a mainstream club environment aged 11-16 years.
This is an exciting and innovative 12-month coach learning journey comprising of six online workshops, practical coaching experience at England Talent Camps, short submitted tasks as part of a coaching scheme of work, and an opportunity to join a coaching community of practice within our aquatics coaching family.
Each coach will be assigned a Para-Swimming Talent Coach as a mentor who will work with the coach to provide three bespoke 1-1 remote meetings and in situ support throughout the programme.
|Month||Time frame||Delivery method/content|
|September||Two hours||Online Workshop|
Induction and Coach Learning
|November||Two hours||Online workshop|
Planning and Periodisation for Athletes
|December||Half day||Online workship|
Energy Systems and Impairment Physiology
|February||Two hours||Online workshop|
Building Resilience and Winning Habits in Athletes
|February||Two hours||Practical Delivery Poolside and Land Training|
England Talent Camp
|March||Two hours||Online workshop|
Strength and Conditioning for Para-Athletes
|June||Two hours||Online workshop|
Coaching Behaviours, Communication and Reflective Practice
|July||Two hours||Practical Delivery Poolside and Land Training|
England Talent Camp
Criteria for consideration
- Coaches who are working with Para-Swimmers within a mainstream environment aged 11-16 years.
- Para-Swimmers who have at a minimum, competed at the 2019 Swim England Summer. Championships and/or 2020 National Junior Para-Swimming Championships.
- Minimum Level 2 Coach qualified. Swimming Coach (level 2) or equivalent.
- Coaches who are open-minded and have a strong appetite for learning; demonstrating a willingness to engage with coaching peers and make an active contribution to the group dynamic.
- Be able to commit to the full learning programme over the 12-month period.
- Up to 20 coaches will be selected for the programme.
- Applications will be reviewed against the above criteria, together with insight gathered by the Swim England Coach Development Manager and Talent Team Leads/Officers.
- The programme costs £50*, payable on acceptance of your place.
- Travel and subsidence to the various workshops/mentoring sessions.
Applications are now open and close at 5pm on Monday 5 July 2021.
f you would like and informal chat about this programme please contact Para-Swimming Coach Development Lead Tom McManus firstname.lastname@example.org
*Swim England are fully committed to providing an inclusive Coach Development offer. Whilst we have set a cost of £50 for this programme, we ask that you contact us directly, in confidence, if this fee is presenting a barrier to your application.