Para-Swimming National Coach Development Programmes 2020-202106/10/2020 Disciplines
The National programmes provide coaches with an opportunity to learn and further develop their coaching skills to enhance their knowledge and experience of working with Para-Swimmers. The National programmes will provide support to coaches working with Para-Swimmers and are centred on the pillars of athlete development and coaching behaviours. Leading experts in Para-Swimming will deliver and support the programmes.
National Coach Development Programme Stage 1
Stage 1 programme is centred on the pillars of athlete development, Technical, Tactical, Physical, Psychological and Lifestyle. The programme will support coaches to create development plans for a para-swimmer under each pillar providing holistic development of the para-swimmer in their journey through the Athlete Development Support Pathway (ADSP).
Stage 1 = £50
- Coaches who are currently working with Para-Swimmers who have at a minimum, competed at the 2019 Swim England Summer Championships.
- Minimum Level 2 Coach qualified.
- Zoom, interactive online sessions, 2 hours in duration.
- Coach workshop (online) led by leading professionals with experience of working with international para-swimmers.
- Short submitted tasks regarding your para-swimmer
Programme Dates & Locations
- November 14th Saturday 10.00-12.00 Online;
Induction & Coach Learning
- December 17th Thursday 18.00-20.00 Online;
Athlete Development Support Pathway and considerations for Para-Swimmers
- January 9th Saturday 10.00-12.00 Online;
Land Training & RMAP activities and adaptations for Para-Swimmers
- February 4th Thursday 18.00-20.00 Online;
Stroke Technique Analysis & Development for Para-Swimmers
- June 3rd Thursday 18.00-20.00 Online;
Coaching Behaviours, Communication & Reflective Practice
Please see the Swim England Para-Swimming Coach Pathway here
Expression of Interest
If you wish to be on the Para-Swimming National Coach Development programme Stage 1 for the 2020-21 season then please email your expression of interest to; email@example.com
Please provide the following details in your email;
- Coaching Qualification
- Current information of working with Para-Swimmers
- What you wish to learn from the programme
All expressions of interest will receive a response by Friday 6th November.
For an informal discussion regarding the programmes contact;
Tom McManus | Para-Swimming Talent Coach (Coaching Lead)
Responsible for developing our coach workforce.
M 07970 024 087