Talent Development20/06/2017 Swimming
Each year the East Midland Region run swimming talent development camps aimed at Swim England club swimmers aged 12 years. The camps provide expert coaching and education to improve the swimmers abilities and techniques. The aims of the camps are to progress the swimmers towards the England Programmes swimming teams.
Click here to find out more about the stages of talent development.
Selection criteria for development camps
A total of 36 swimmers (18 female and 18 male) will be selected as follows:
- Swimmers aged 12 at 31st December 2017.
- Swimmers must have entered the East Midland Regional Championships 2017, with England being their country of national representation.
- Based on best regional long course ranking from licensed swims 1 January 2017 – 29 May 2017*.
- All events that appear on the programme for 12 year olds at the Regional Championships will be used for selection purposes.
- Swims that do not appear on the Swim England Rankings database cannot be used.
- Where a swimmer has the same ranking for multiple events the event used for selection will be the event with the highest ranking and highest FINA points.
- Where equal rank occurs swimmers will be prioritised based on their FINA points score attached to their qualifying swim.
- After all 16 events have been allocated the remaining 2 spaces will be given on the next highest ranked swimmer with FINA points taken into consideration.
- Reserves will be put in place to ensure all 18 spaces per gender are filled, these will be selected based on the above criteria, specifically point 8.
- Selected swimmers will be required to attend all three of the development day as part of their acceptance (this will be at the discretion of the Development Day co-ordinator).