Share why you teach swimming for the chance of winning free training and membership for a whole year!
Being a Swimming Teacher is an incredibly rewarding career and we want to hear why you love it or why you want to teach swimming. To enter, share a video of yourself on social media saying why you teach, using the hashtag #WhyTeachSwimming. Not on social media? You can email your entry to email@example.com or send it to Institute of Swimming via Facebook Messenger.
The top three entries will receive free training for a whole year and be supported by our membership package.
If you want some inspiration for your entry, explore these swimming teachers’ stories:
“Being a swimming teacher feels like part of my identity now rather than just a job. It genuinely feels good for the soul!” Amy shares her story.
“I’m loving life ‘poolside’, it’s a fun job and for me it’s stress free” Keiran shares his story.
“I have access to flexible teaching hours that allow me to work around my schedule and enjoy the satisfaction of achieving a work-life balance while teaching a great and vital life skill.” Janice shares her story.
Terms and Conditions:
- Our competitions are organised by Institute of Swimming (registered company number 01759210) (known simply as ’Institute of Swimming’) of Pavilion 3, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF.
How to enter
- To qualify for entry, individuals should capture why they teach swimming on video and share it with us using the hashtag #WhyTeachSwimming on either Facebook (@InstituteofSwimming/@SwimEngland), Instagram (@instituteofswimming/@swimengland), Twitter (@InstituteofSwim/@Swim_England) or by emailing your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact details.
- Our competitions are free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The closing date for entries is 30 March 2022. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Institute of Swimming will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, third party platform issues, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact Legal@swimming.org.
- Institute of Swimming reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- This competition is open to all to residents of England aged 16 years or over, except employees of Institute of Swimming, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. Institute of Swimming may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- Institute of Swimming reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
- The prize is as follows:
- One free booking on any of our courses from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023. You must hold the relevant prerequisites for each course.
- One year’s free Institute of Swimming Membership, on the following conditions:
- New members will be enrolled from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
- Current members will receive their next year’s membership renewal for free
- You must be at least an SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant or Swim England Assistant Coach to join. If you are yet to qualify, you will receive your years’ free membership once you have completed the relevant qualification.
- The three winners will be chosen from all entries received, and verified by a judging panel from Institute of Swimming and Swim England.
- The winners will be notified by DM on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter within 7 days of the closing date. If any winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, then Institute of Swimming reserves the right to withdraw the winner’s prize and select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. Institute of Swimming reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Institute of Swimming’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of Institute of Swimming regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each individual winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Legal Department, Institute of Swimming, Pavilion 3, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF, or an email to Legal@swimming.org within 60 of days after the date of the closing date of the competition, quoting the specific competition to which you refer.
- Institute of Swimming reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Institute of Swimming, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Institute of Swimming, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
- All entrants agree to the use of their entry in publicity material.
- The winners agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You are providing your information to the Institute of Swimming and not to any other party.
- By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by Institute of Swimming or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Institute of Swimming reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.