Swim England Diving Assistant (Coaching) Certificate27/11/2016
The Swim England Diving Assistant (Coaching) course is designed to provide you with an introduction to the knowledge, skills and understanding of the safe and ethical principles for effective coaching practices in Diving.
- Level: Beginner
- Duration: 4 days
- Training Format: Face to Face and Blended Learning
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you can complete theory elements of the course online through a virtual pool environment and interactive videos prior to the practical workshops.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to becoming a diving coach or for anyone interested in supporting a diving coach in a club environment.
As an aspiring coach this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a more experienced diving coach, in the delivery of a pre-prepared session. On successful completion of this qualification you should be able to:
- Promote and establish working relationships and high standards of behaviour with divers, other coaches, parents and officials in the overall development of diving
- Demonstrate an ability to safely prepare, support and conclude diving coaching sessions/activities using pre-planned session plans
- Demonstrate an understanding of:
- Basic coaching skills
- Diving specific coaching skills
- Coach and performer/diver development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- Basic introduction to diving
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and adapt diving coaching sessions/activities for a variety of different age groups and abilities
- Identify an awareness of further personal development opportunities in this discipline, including coaching, administration and officiating
Download the full Swim England specification in PDF here.
Find a course near you
Use Find Training below to find the next course near you. Results will appear on the IOS Bookings website.
You must be at least 16 years of age to take the Swim England Diving Assistant (Coaching) course. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.