This is the application stage for the Swim England Senior Swimming Coach programme 2020.
As a coach, you inspire and deliver success at all levels. The Senior Coach programme will equip you with the tools to be able to create and develop individualised programmes and optimise the performance levels of aspiring athletes, at both youth and senior level.
Working with the age, stage and biological development of your athletes, you will apply the most current and innovative coaching techniques to develop a holistic athlete programme. This, in turn, will improve performance and keep athletes committed and motivated to their own achievement, whilst aligning with the clear message of Swim England Talent Pathway programme.
This programme will also help you to work more collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team, alongside key external and internal partners; leisure service providers, the club committee, team managers and various sport science and medicine practitioners to create an environment in which our athletes can thrive.
In order to achieve this certificate, you will be expected to complete a series of assessment tasks to ensure that effective development has taken place.
This year-long programme is delivered through a mixture of learning days, online activities, and practical poolside sessions. You will be assigned a mentor who will guide you throughout the year. All dates below are compulsory for all successful learners to attend.
The induction and learning days for this year’s programme are:
*These will be held on Zoom.
Before applying to the programme, please make sure you can attend all four days. The full programme cost is £2000. The reduction in the 2020 programme cost is to reflect the virtual learning days.
Applications are open from 12th June and need to be submitted by the 2nd August 2020. There are up to 30 places available on the programme across England and Wales with shortlisting taking place from the 3rd August 2020.
To apply you will need to complete an online workbook where you will need to upload your pre-requisite evidence. You will have access to this workspace within 48 hours of starting your application. All applications for the programme must be completed by midnight on the 2nd August 2020. Applicants will be notified if they have been successful or not after the 28th August.
Before starting your application please make sure you meet the following pre-requisite criteria:
Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, in addition to the criteria above, the quality of the application in general and your involvement/engagement in the Swim England talent development programme at national, regional and county level, will also be taken into consideration.
Background checks will be carried out as part of the screening process. Please do not apply if you do not meet the above prerequisites.
Start12th June 2020
End2nd August 2020
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
You must have one of the following qualifications:
- Before starting your application please make sure you meet the following pre-requisite criteria:
- Be at least 19 years of age at the start of the course.
- Hold a Swim England Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Swimming or Swim England Coach Certificate and have over 12 months experience as a qualified swimming coach.
- Be coaching at a SwimMark accredited club - Those who are not but meet all other criteria may be considered but further information will be requested on application.
- Currently coaching for at least 10 hours per week, spanning a minimum of 5 sessions, with the same group of swimmers.
- Be the lead coach for a squad of swimmers throughout the programme duration and working with swimmers who are competing at regional level or above – You will need to provide evidence that you have coached at least five swimmers to regional championships in 2019 and evidence of 2020 regional qualifiers (coaches are able to use qualifying swimmers for 2020 and evidence that they have coached and continue to coach at this level for the duration of the programme).
- Commit to attending the induction day and all 3 learning days, as well as completing the programme within 12 months.
- Be listed on the Swim England teaching and coaching register and hold a valid safeguarding training certificate.
Course times are subject to change. These will be confirmed nearer to the course start date.
This qualification is delivered and assessed in English.
Bookings must be made through the account of the individuals attending the training.