Volunteer needed for Home Countries Masters GroupDecember 6, 2017
A voluntary role is available to represent English Masters on the Home Countries Masters Swimming Management Group.
The Group are looking for a new Swim England Rep who can help develop and promote Masters swimming throughout the UK and internationally.
Applications for this role have now closed. Thank you for your interest.
The role will involve attending at least two Group meetings a year, representing all the wonderful and diverse range of views from Swim England Masters, and taking responsibility for managing and delivering tasks decided by the Group.
While this is a voluntary role, all expenses will be covered by Swim England.
You will be expected to attend all meetings and be available for email communication outside meetings times.
All applications will be considered by the Masters Regional Representatives and the Masters Working Group. The successful person will be notified as soon as possible after the closing date. It is anticipated the first meeting they will attend will be on 21 January.
- Knowledge and understanding of Masters Swimming and Swim England
- Passion and drive to see Masters swimming develop and promote the ethos of Masters swimming
- An understanding of the way effective volunteer groups work
- An appreciation of the needs of Masters Swimmers from all backgrounds and abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to clearly articulate opinions and ideas in a group situation
- Awareness of issues surrounding the sport, and current initiatives