Clubs invited to share views in new survey24 August 2018 Managing Your Club
Clubs across the country are being invited to share their views about how Swim England can help them develop.
Swim England’s club development team will run a survey during September and October for it’s 1,050 affiliated clubs.
Clubs will be asked to give their opinions on a variety of topics including how Swim England can support them better.
The survey was last conducted in 2015 and since then the team have made several changes.
Recent club surveys have led to:
- Developed a new Club Awards scheme.
- Revised the Accreditation scheme, rebranded it from Swim21 to SwimMark and reduced it from 21 elements to 16.
- Continued to deliver and organise a significant number of coaching courses across all disciplines and regions in order to meet the coaching need.
- Developed seven workforce development workshops, to support club development needs.
- Continue to support club to pool operator relationships.
The team would encourage all affiliated clubs to complete the online survey to enable support moving forward.
- Click here to access an online version of the survey, if you would like a PDF version, please contact your club secretary or chairperson. Failing this please email the Club Development team.
- Please note, there are certain questions which may need to be discussed with committee members, therefore a PDF version of the survey has been made available to ensure easy accessibility for clubs. We encourage clubs to discuss the questions at a club committee meeting. Don’t forget, your answers will then need to be uploaded onto the online survey.
Ian Cotton, chairperson of the Club Management Group, said: “Swim England continues to support and fully value the role that clubs and their members play in our sport. With this in mind, the Club Management Group and Club Development Team are always looking at ways to enhance and improve the service offered to clubs to help them meet their own objectives and ensure the sport continues to succeed.
“Therefore, we feel it is time to ask your views once more through a survey so we can understand the current strength of our clubs, but also see what the current challenges are you face. The last survey was carried out in 2016, and so it now seems time to get an updated picture from clubs directly.
“The results of the survey will help form the priorities of the Club Management Group and Club Development Team as we move forward. We would encourage all affiliated clubs to complete this online survey to enable us to assist and support clubs over the coming years.
“Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.”
Clubs who complete one online survey per club will be entered into a prize draw to win an iPad (terms and conditions are included in the survey introduction).