Learn to Swim events1 October 2018 Teaching Swimming
Learn to Swim events are delivered throughout the year. They’re essential for anyone involved with the teaching and delivery of the Learn to Swim Programme, including:
- Swimming teachers
- Swimming coordinators
- CPD presenters
- Approved Learn to Swim centres
- Swim schools
Delivered by Swim England’s experts and sector specialists, Learn to Swim events provide the most innovative, accurate resources on learning to swim, as well as some of the best networking opportunities in swimming.
Click or tap on the headings to browse and register for Learn to Swim events below.
These interactive online events are ideal for qualified swimming teachers and coordinators involved with the delivery of the Learn to Swim Programme. They’re completely free and delivered by specialists from across the swimming community.
- Quick and easy to join.
- A great way to knowledge-share and communicate with others in your field.
- Sessions align with the latest industry topics and feedback from swimming teachers.
- Quality-assured delivery from panels of Swim England experts and other sector specialists.
- Succinct, informative sessions lasting 1-2 hours.
- Live Q and As in each event, giving you the opportunity to have your say.
Webinar topics and recordings*
All of our webinar topics are based on queries and feedback the teachers, operators and swims schools that we work with. Recent topics have included:
- Arthritis in Swimming – with Arthritis UK.
- Rookie Lifeguarding – with RLSS.
- Mental Health Awareness in Swimming – with MIND.
- School Swimming and Water Safety.
- In-depth discussions about each of the Learn to Swim Frameworks.
We also offer bespoke webinars on request. These cover organisation-specific learning and development needs for the Learn to Swim Programme. For more information, contact the Learn to Swim team.
*Please note that all Learn to Swim webinars and their Q&As are recorded.
Join us for a free Swim School Roadshow! Every autumn, the Learn to Swim team host a series of free regional roadshows for swim schools.
These half-day events take place in a number of locations across the country and are a great opportunity to meet key individuals from Swim England.
- Get the latest insights on the Learn to Swim Programme.
- Q and As with the Learn to Swim team.
- Network and share best practice.
- Get information, updates and advice on Swim School Membership and Learn to Swim Accreditation.
- Free delivery vouchers for Learn to Swim products for all attendees.
Swim School Roadshows fill up quickly. We advise booking early to avoid disappointment.
Developed in partnership with Swim England’s teaching workforce, this is Learn to Swim’s newest annual event.
The conference brings together professionals from across the swimming community to network and discuss key issues relating to swimming.
Ideal for teachers delivering the Learn to Swim Programme, tutors, CPD presenters, assessors, and approved centres.