Swim School Membership FAQs1 October 2018
To help you with general queries about Swim England Swim School Membership, we’ve created a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers below.
If the answer to your question is not provided, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim School Membership FAQs
Swim England Swim School Membership is an annual subscription for swim schools and operators delivering the Learn to Swim Programme.
Becoming a Member gives you access to a range of benefits with Swim England and our partners, as well as expert support and guidance on how to deliver the Learn to Swim Programme to the highest possible standard.
To find out more about what’s included in Membership and for information on how to apply, visit our About Swim School Membership page.
You can find more information on our About Swim School Membership page.
To become a Swim School Member, you must meet and be able to show evidence of six minimum criteria for a Learn to Swim Programme provision. These have been set by Swim England’s leadership teams to help you make sure Swim School Membership is the right scheme for you and your centre. The criteria are:
- Evidence of current Public Liability Insurance.
- Proof of delivery of the Learn to Swim Programme.
- Actively purchasing Learn to Swim Awards.
- Swim Teachers who are qualified to Swim England Level 2 standard (or equivalent).
- Proof that staff members have been DBS checked.
- Evidence and details of pool safety operating procedures (PSOPs).
You’ll need to declare that you meet these criteria during your online application. You must be able to supply proof when requested by Swim England. Failure to do so may result in your application not be accepted, or any existing Membership being suspended.
You can pay by the method that best suits you. The price varies depending on which you choose:
- One-off payment: £85 for one year.
- Direct debit: £80 per year.
Discounts for Swim School Members include:
- 5% discount on your Swim England Awards orders.
- 10% discount on all Institute of Swimming (IOS) training courses.
- Exclusive Swim School Member discounts on all TYR products.
- Free access to our new Swim England Learn to Swim Expected Standards videos for the Learn to Swim Framework Stages 1-7.
- 10% discount on Careers in Aquatics jobs listings.
- Swim England business insurance through Howdens.
- 10% discount on your annual CoursePro license fees.
The Swim School Member online portal is a bespoke online facility, created exclusively for Swim School Members. Here you can access and download hundreds of templates and resources to support you with running your Learn to Swim Programme.
The portal resources are consistently updated and cover key business areas for Learn to Swim Programme providers. These include marketing, teaching, health and safety, and legal guidance. The Swim School Member portal is also where you’ll find important information on all your member benefits and your subscription.
Once your application has been approved you will be sent your login details so you can gain access.
As a Swim School Member you will have a dedicated Membership Manager to help with your queries. You will also be in regular contact with our Learn to Swim regional managers who can provide all the support and guidance needed to run your Learn to Swim Programme.
The Learn to Swim Team is also on hand to help. Contact us anytime and we will get back to you as soon as possible.