Swim England Roadshows1 February 2019 Teaching Swimming
New! Not on the Road Shows
With us all staying indoors, we decided to bring our regular regional roadshows to you via webinar instead, for free – in addition to some extra webinars and weekly coffee chats.
These live events have a capacity of 100 people – so they will be operated on a first-come, first-served basis. When it’s time to begin the meeting, simply click the Zoom Link and opt to join the meeting when prompted.
Zoom meetings are open to all, but we ask you to please abide by our rules and expectations below.
- 29 June 2020 10 am-12 pm
An introduction to special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) – Zoom Link
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these training videos here.
Zoom meeting rules and expectations
- ‘Chat Box’ comments from participants will be made to the host only.
- Only meeting hosts will be able to share screens.
- Only meeting hosts can annotate a presentation.
- There will be an opportunity to ask questions and interact. However, meeting hosts will be able to moderate participant microphones as required.
- Participants will be removed from meetings for inappropriate behaviour.
Weekly coffee chats and regular webinars
We will also be hosting fun and weekly coffee chats and our regular webinars for the next few months.
Weekly coffee chats are 30-minute briefings and a chance to chat to our Learn to Swim team.
Learn to Swim webinars are convenient half-day events take place in a number of locations across the country and are a great opportunity to meet key individuals from Swim England.
- Get the latest insight on the Learn to Swim Programme, school swimming and Swim School Membership.
- Attend CPD introductory workshops with Institute of Swimming tutors.
- Network and share best practice.
- Develop your knowledge with ‘Ask the Expert’ open forums.
- Free delivery vouchers for Learn to Swim products for all attendees.
Institute of Swimming workshop topics
To give you a flavour of the type of introductory workshops we run, 2020 roadshows will include sessions about:
- Mental health for swimming teachers
- Lesson management
- Maintaining Programme momentum
- Inclusivity and SEND
- Improving the strokes
- Maximising your social media platforms
- The Swim England Learn to Swim Programme
- Working with an assistant