Swim School Roadshows21 September 2018 Teaching Swimming
These convenient half-day events take place in a number of locations across the country and are a great opportunity to meet key individuals from Swim England.
- Get the latest insight on the Learn to Swim Programme, school swimming and Swim School Membership.
- Attend free taster CPD taster workshops with Institute of Swimming tutors.
- Network and share best practice.
- Develop your knowledge with ‘Ask the Expert’ open forums.
- Free delivery vouchers for Learn to Swim products for all attendees.
Institute of Swimming workshop topics:
Mental health for swimming teachers
A look at the importance of your mental health as a teacher, and the benefits swimming has on the mental health of your learners.
Organisation – teaching methods – behaviour management.
How to keep your teaching effective through all Stages of the Learn to Swim Programme. There will be a particular focus on the ‘jump’ from Stage 3 to Stage 4 and how to ensure your learners’ progress doesn’t slow down.
Inclusivity and SEND
How to create and manage an inclusive learning environment.
Improving the strokes
Hints and tips on how to help learners improve their stroke technique.
Working with an assistant
How to plan and successfully deliver swimming lessons using an assistant in the water.
Roadshow dates, locations and their workshops are detailed on the booking form. Follow the link to browse and book.