Applications invited for programme to raise standards of synchro swimmersApril 14, 2019
Coaches can now apply to join a development programme to help raise the standards of synchronised swimmers.
The six-month pilot Synchronised Swimming Coach Development Programme will be delivered by trained experts who have been engaged in the sport at an elite level.
It has been designed to support current synchronised swimming coaches in England who want to increase their knowledge of athlete development.
Topics covered in the programme include:
- Planning tools and models
- Managing a club
- Planning for support services
- Preparing for performance
- Lifts and acrobatics
- Land training.
Motivated and dedicated
Sarah Darragh, Swim England National Synchro Development Officer, said: “The programme is designed to attract Level 2 coaches who are currently running a club programme and wanting to gain more knowledge of how to develop and athlete to national level.
“The right coaches should be athlete focused, motivated to change the current image of the sport and be dedicated to the overall national vision for England synchro.”
- Have a minimum level two synchro coach qualification
- Be a head or lead coach within a Swim England synchro club and/or leading a team at a national event
- Coach swimmers who access the Swim England Grade Structure
- Be a dynamic individual with a passion for the sport
All applications need to be submitted by 22 April. For further information, please email email@example.com