Development with Swim England Synchro TalentJanuary 9, 2017
The Swim England Synchro Talent team deliver high-quality training and competition for the most promising young synchronised swimmers in England.
3 Levels of the Talent Programme
- Up to 10 athletes. They will be just under the level of Age Group squad that standard a realistic chance of qualifying to the Age Group squad the following year.
Age Group Squad
- Up to 12 athletes. Must be aged between 13 and 15 years.
- Up to 20 athletes. Includes junior and senior squads. Check out the image of the England senior squad from the London 2016 European Championships at the top of the page.
For the Development and Age Group Squads, athletes are selected from their performances at the National Age Group Championships and a further selection camp following the Championships. The Training Squad holds open trials annually, usually in September.
Selection is based on a number of physiological, technical and psychological factors as well as factors such as compatibility and work ethic.
If you become a member of one of the Swim England Synchro Talent squads, you will continue to work with their home clubs.
But you will also be expected to follow a training plan and attend compulsory training days at a mixture of camps and weekends.
Selection Policies and Information
You can download the latest Swim England Synchro Talent selection policies and squad information documents using the folders below.
If you have a question about England Programmes Synchronised Swimming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim England Synchro Talent Training Squad
The trials for the 2018 senior and junior squads took place in Bristol on 23 September.
- Ilaria Brandimarte (Team Bath) – seniors only*
- Kate Shortman (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Isabelle Thorpe (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Greta Hampson (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Daniella Lloyd (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Victoria Usher (Rushmoor) – both squads
- Harriette Smith (Reading Royals) – both squads
- Abigail Taylor (Rushmoor) – both squads
- Millicent Costello (City of Leeds) – both squads
- Daisy Rushton (City of Preston) – both squads
- Mimi Gray (Reading Royals) – both squads
- Isobel Blinkhorn (Reading Royals) – juniors only
- Alyssa Basinger (Reading Royals) – juniors only
- Cerys Larsen (Reading Royals) – juniors only
- Cerys Hughes (City of Bristol) – juniors only**
- Rhea Howard (City of Preston) – juniors only**
- Isobel Davies (City of Leeds) – juniors only**
- Grace Gruikshank (City of Bristol) – juniors only**
- Daisy Gunn (Portsmouth Victoria) – juniors only**
- Aimee Lawrence (City of Salford) – juniors only**
*Training member only
**Subject to phase 2 trial