Development with Swim England Synchro TalentJanuary 9, 2017
The Swim England Synchro Talent team deliver high-quality training and competition for the most promising young synchronised swimmers in England.
3 Levels of the Talent Programme
- Up to 10 athletes. They will be just under the level of Age Group squad that standard a realistic chance of qualifying to the Age Group squad the following year.
Age Group Squad
- Up to 12 athletes. Must be aged between 13 and 15 years.
- Up to 20 athletes. Includes junior and senior squads. Check out the image of the England senior squad from the London 2016 European Championships at the top of the page.
For the Development and Age Group Squads, athletes are selected from their performances at the National Age Group Championships and a further selection camp following the Championships. The Training Squad holds open trials annually, usually in September.
Selection is based on a number of physiological, technical and psychological factors as well as factors such as compatibility and work ethic.
If you become a member of one of the Swim England Synchro Talent squads, you will continue to work with their home clubs.
But you will also be expected to follow a training plan and attend compulsory training days at a mixture of camps and weekends.
Selection Policies and Information
You can download the latest Swim England Synchro Talent selection policies and squad information documents using the folders below.
If you have a question about England Programmes Synchronised Swimming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim England Synchro Talent Training Squad
- Abi Taylor –senior/junior, Reading Royals
- Aimee Lawrence – junior, City of Salford
- Alyssa Basinger – junior, Reading Royals
- Cerys Hughes – senior/junior, City of Bristol
- Cerys Larsen –senior/junior, Reading Royals
- Daisy Gunn – junior, Reading Royals
- Daisy Rushton – senior/junior, City of Leeds
- Daniella Lloyd – senior/junior, City of Bristol
- Grace Cruickshank – junior, City of Bristol
- Greta Hampson – senior, City of Bristol
- Ilaria Brandimarte – senior, Team Bath
- Isabelle Thorpe – senior/junior, City of Bristol
- Isobel Blinkhorn – junior, Reading Royals
- Isobel Davis – senior/junior, City of Leeds
- Kate Shortman – senior/junior, City of Bristol
- Laura Turberville – junior, Witney and District *
- Maddie Berry – senior, City of Bristol *
- Millie Costello – senior/junior, City of Leeds
- Olivia Burton – junior, City of Leeds *
- Robyn Swatman – junior, Walsall *
- Rosie Rallings – junior, London Region *
- Torrie Usher – senior, Reading Royals
*new to the team this year