Routine Grade 4January 9, 2017
The England Synchro Routine Grade 4 focuses on controlled entry, travel and hybrids in synchronised swimming.
Swimmers will be required to perform 10 elements to judges. Each grade has three levels (gold, silver and bronze) so all athletes have the ability to perfect their figures before moving to the next grade.
To view full descriptions of synchronised swimming basic positions (BP), basic movements (BM) and figures (Fig), download the FINA Figures and Required Elements document on the right of this page.
10 Elements to Synchro Routine Grade 4
- Walk on to counts with presentation and assume a pose and short deck work, followed by a dive entry, followed by double arm head first boost.
- 5m of travelling eggbeater with a single arm twirl followed by 5m travelling opposite direction.
- Head first boost followed by 3m double arm egg beater travel.
- 5m torpedo scull, smooth transition coming out sideways into 3m double arm eggbeater with creative arms.
- Vertical position travelling, 1m sideways, 1m backwards.
- Foot first thrust with a spin of at least 360 degrees – leg position optional.
- Fishtail switches for a count of eight (two counts per switch) to metronome at 160 bpm.
- Double arm eggbeater for four counts of eight to metronome at 160 bpm.
- Technical team element three to metronome with eight counts per transition at 160 bpm.
- Cookie position to straddle to vertical followed by a continuous spin of at least 720 degrees.
Click here to download a judging guide for the England Synchro Routine Grade 4 where you can read more details about each element.
Synchro Routine Grade 4 Video Demonstrations
Watch the clips below for video demonstrations of each of the 10 elements for Routine Grade 4.