Swim England 2019 synchro training squad announcedOctober 16, 2018 News and Blogs
Swim England has announced its 2019 synchronised swimming training squad.
The squad includes 22 athletes, five of whom are new to the programme, and will form the 2019 senior and junior Great Britain teams.
Throughout the season, the athletes will travel to world series events, the Senior European Cup and the Junior European Championships.
The successful athletes are:
- Abi Taylor –senior/junior, Reading Royals
- Aimee Lawrence – junior, City of Salford
- Alyssa Basinger – junior, Reading Royals
- Cerys Hughes – senior/junior, City of Bristol
- Cerys Larsen –senior/junior, Reading Royals
- Daisy Gunn – junior, Reading Royals
- Daisy Rushton – senior/junior, City of Leeds
- Daniella Lloyd – senior/junior, City of Bristol
- Grace Cruickshank – junior, City of Bristol
- Greta Hampson – senior, City of Bristol
- Ilaria Brandimarte – senior, Team Bath
- Isabelle Thorpe – senior/junior, City of Bristol
- Isobel Blinkhorn – junior, Reading Royals
- Isobel Davis – senior/junior, City of Leeds
- Kate Shortman – senior/junior, City of Bristol
- Laura Turberville – junior, Witney and District *
- Maddie Berry – senior, City of Bristol *
- Millie Costello – senior/junior, City of Leeds
- Olivia Burton – junior, City of Leeds *
- Robyn Swatman – junior, Walsall *
- Rosie Rallings – junior, London Region *
- Torrie Usher – senior, Reading Royals
*new to the team this year
A lot of talent coming through the system
Karen Thorpe, Swim England synchro manager, said: “We were really happy with the number of athletes that applied for the England talent training squad this year. It has doubled since last year.
“Each athlete has to pass a series of tests to enable them to come to trials and the results were significantly improved from previous years.
“We have taken a slightly larger squad this year – we have a lot of talent coming through the system. Not everyone will be selected to a competitive team but all the athletes will gain many skills throughout the season, developing and growing as the year progresses.”