Support Teacher and Teacher of School Swimming (Key Stages 1 and 2) is part of the Swim England National Curriculum Training Programme (NCTP). Once completed, you will be equipped to plan and evaluate session plans in line with the national curriculum, and teach independently in a school swimming programme.
This CPD course is open to anyone working in a school swimming environment or students involved in initial teacher training. The Support Teacher of School Swimming CPD must have been completed before attending this course.
The course will cover the below:
- Develop skills appropriate to those working at the improver level
- Understand the technical aspects related to the four strokes – i.e. stroke analysis
- Identify faults and causes and progressive practices to bring about improvement
- Identify the key skills within the School Swimming and Water Safety Charter that meet national curriculum attainment targets
- Identify the key considerations when developing a lesson plan
- Create session plans for the delivery of swimming lessons and deliver them
- Describe the keys aspects of communication in relation to delivery – feedback, questioning and skill development
- Review the effectiveness of your planning and delivery to improve participant progression and your development as a teacher
- How to Enrol:
- For more information or to make a booking please contact Ellie Purvis
- This CPD course is open to anyone working in a school swimming environment or students involved in initial teacher training. The Support Teacher of School Swimming CPD must have been completed before attending this course.
- 07903 320967
Hilltop Primary School
Hill Top Road