This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Artistic Swimming Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent Artistic Swimming Coach.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete eLearning, theoretical elements through a series of Zoom sessions, followed by assessment tasks and the practical delivery of coaching sessions.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Artistic Swimming Coach certificate who wants to become an Independent Artistic Swimming Coach.
If you are eligible to receive the Swim England Member Offer please refer to the Coaching Course Booking Process. If you book onto the course and discover you are eligible for the offer, we will be unable to provide you with a refund.
Course delivery format?
This Course delivery will consist of:
- 4 x Zoom Webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the theory topics and assessment materials with you.
- You will be required to complete eLearning and assessment work alongside the Zoom sessions, your tutor will set this for you during these sessions.
- Practical assessment sessions at the pool – these will consist of a meet and greet, planning and preparation, session delivery, peer observations and feedback. You will then also need to complete evaluations and an action plan.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of an Artistic Swimming Coach
- Nutrition and hydration for Artistic Swimming
- Bio-mechanical principles in Artistic Swimming
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled performer
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach artistic swimming sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet performer needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support performers and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Artistic Swimming Coach – Blended Learning
Swim England Assistant Synchronised Swimming Coach
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Queen Ethelburga's College
Thorpe Underwood Hall