Clubs and members can now book all Swim England Assistant Coach and Coach courses through Institute of Swimming website.
Please note the price shown online is the RRP price. Swim England members who are part of a Swim England affiliated club, can access courses at a reduced rate.
How to access this reduced rate:
Swim England Club Affiliation and SwimMark Clubs members are eligible for subsidised spaces. This is to reward and recognise, as well as support the growth of clubs who hold Club Affiliation or SwimMark status.
These vouchers need to be purchased via your club’s ‘company’ profile, and can be fully, partially or not paid for by the club (vouchers not paid for by the club will still receive the discount).
Setting up a Personal Account
2. The key contact from the club will then need to complete the Club Account registration form.
3. Once the Club Account registration form is submitted, a company profile will be created, and the member discounts will be added.
How to use a company profile account and purchase vouchers for courses
3. Clubs can choose whether they are paying a contribution towards the course (e.g. the club may pay 100% of the course cost, a 50% contribution, or a 0% contribution (this will still give the member discount)), any outstanding amount will need to be paid for by the individual at checkout.
4. Where a club is paying any proportion of the cost, a Purchase Order number will be required to be added to the system at this point. This can be any reference of the club’s choice to recognise the invoice.
5. Once purchased, a voucher will be allocated automatically to the company profile. The club key contact will then need to add the club volunteer to the account, in the ‘employees’ section, and then allocate them the voucher. Please note that the voucher purchased will not reserve a space on a specific course.
6. The club will be issued with an invoice from the Institute of Swimming within one calendar month.
Any learners that don’t follow this process for booking will not be eligible for a partial refund.
Swim England SwimMark clubs are also eligible for a yearly £100 credit that can be used against any course purchased by a club.
In order to redeem this credit, club key contacts should email email@example.com with the following information:
The Institute of Swimming will then amend the invoice for this voucher.
Complete this form to open a company account.
Further support on creating/ using and purchasing vouchers
For further questions please visit our Institute of Swimming FAQ’s
Pool plant knowledge and education is pivotal to Daniel Ekema's role as Pool Plant Programme Leader at the Institute of Swimming. We talked to Dan about his career history and his current role: Where it started Dan has worked in and around pools for many years. His time in the industry began with work experience and job shadowing linked to the sports centre at his school. When he was 16 years old, he was a Sports Centre Assistant and Lifeguard
Life is all about pursuing passions and finding new avenues to make a positive impact. For Jessica Wilson, the journey to becoming a swimming teacher was a life-changing decision that combined her love for working with children and her passion for swimming. Jessica says: "I previously worked in Mental Health & Child Protection in schools and decided that I wanted to do something different whilst still working with children to support their
Ryan, from East Sussex, has been making waves in the world of swimming. He started his aquatic journey at the young age of six, Ryan's passion for the water has not only taken him into the ranks of competitive swimmers but has also steered him towards becoming a swimming teacher. Ryan joined Beacon Swimming Club when he moved to East Sussex and began competing at a regional and national level. It wasn't long before Ryan found
When passion and opportunity collide, the journey to a fulfilling career begins. Meet Kimberley, a mum of three, whose inspiring journey into the world of swimming teaching through the Institute of Swimming Academy is a testament to making the most of every opportunity. Discovering the Institute of Swimming Academy It all began when Kimberley stumbled upon an intriguing advert from the Institute of Swimming on social media. The call to make a
The Institute of Swimming has launched an Inclusive Recruitment Academy to help disabled people become swimming teachers. The Academy, which is being fully-funded by Swim England and UK Sport, is a unique programme offering a tailored approach to training. It will form part of the lasting social impact of the Allianz Para Swimming World Championship in Manchester. The Institute of Swimming’s experienced tutors will work closely with
James Clegg, 29, is a British Paralympic swimmer. At London 2012, James won a bronze medal in the 100m butterfly event. James is registered blind, with around 10% vision. James has recently gained his SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant Qualification. Here he shares with us his swimming teaching journey and his plans for the future. James says: “Swimming has always been part of my life. As a child I enjoyed the feeling of being in water. It