This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an Assistant Artistic Swimming Coach. This course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support an Artistic Swimming Coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become an Artistic Swimming Coach or interested in supporting an Artistic Swimming Coach in a club environment.
If you are eligible to receive the Swim England Member Offer please refer to the Coaching Course Booking Process. If you book onto the course and discover you are eligible for the offer, we will be unable to provide you with a refund.
Course delivery format
- 4 x Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the theory topics, a venue orientation and planning for your practical sessions
- You will be required to complete assessment work alongside the Zoom sessions, your tutor will set this for you during these sessions.
- Practical assessment sessions at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, assisting coaching sessions, evaluation and feedback.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of Artistic Swimming
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coached Artistic Swimming sessions
- Basic and Artistic Swimming specific coaching skills
- Coach and performer development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Walsall Gala Swimming and Fitness Centre