This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an Assistant Artistic Swimming Coach. This course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support an Artistic swimming coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a Artistic Swimming Coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
Course delivery format
- 4 x Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the theory topics, a venue orientation and planning for your coaching sessions.
- 1 x day Practical assessment session at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, assisting sessions, evaluation and feedback. You will only need to attend one of the practical dates listed below. This will be selected with your course tutor on the first zoom session.
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of Artistic Swimming
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coached Artistic Swimming sessions
- Basic and Artistic Swimming specific coaching skills
- Coach and performer development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
As part of your practical sessions you will have written assignments to complete prior to your feedback session.
The course is delivered through a mixture of Zooms sessions and practical poolside learning. You will participate in practical training sessions to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
If you are eligible to receive the Swim England Member Offer please contact your regional Swim England office to access this. If you book onto the course and discover you are eligible for the offer we will be unable to provide you with a refund.
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Leisure at Cheltenham
Tommy Taylors Lane