This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an Assistant Swimming Coach. This course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a Swimming Coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete eLearning, theoretical elements through a series of Zoom sessions, followed by assessment tasks and the practical delivery of coaching sessions.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a Swimming Coach or interested in supporting a Swimming Coach in a club environment.
If you are eligible to receive the Swim England Member Offer please refer to the Coaching Course Booking Process. If you book onto the course and discover you are eligible for the offer, we will be unable to provide you with a refund.
Course delivery format
- eLearning – you will be given access to this on the start date listed below. This must be completed 72 hours prior to attending your first Zoom session. The estimated time to complete this is 12-15 hrs.
- 3 x Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the remainder of your theory topics, a venue orientation and planning for your practical sessions.
- Practical assessment sessions at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, assisting at least two 1 hour sessions, evaluation and feedback. Please ensure you are available for all practical dates listed below.
- The role of the assistant coach
- Importance of positive coaching behaviour
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Para swimming
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- How to deliver pre-planned coaching sessions
- How to carry out reflective practices of your coaching
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
As part of your practical sessions you will have written assignments to complete prior to your feedback session.
You will learn about:
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Meridian Leisure Centre
Magna Vitae, Meridian Leisure Centre