This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an Assistant Water Polo Coach. This course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a Water Polo Coach in the delivery of a planned training session.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the eLearning, theoretical elements through a series of Zoom sessions, followed by assessment tasks and practical delivery of coaching sessions.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a Water Polo Coach or interested in supporting a Water Polo Coach in a club environment.
If you are eligible to receive the Swim England Member Offer please refer to the Coaching Course Booking Process. If you book onto the course and discover you are eligible for the offer, we will be unable to provide you with a refund.
Course delivery format
- eLearning – you will be given access to this on the start date listed below. This must be completed 72 hours prior to attending your second Zoom session. The estimated time to complete this is 6-8 hrs.
- 3 x Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the remainder of your theory topics and planning for your practical sessions.
- 2 x Practical assessment sessions at the pool – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, assisting sessions, evaluation and feedback. Please ensure you are available for all practical dates listed below.
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of water polo
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coached water polo sessions
- Basic and water polo specific coaching skills
- Coach and player development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and safety
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
As part of your practical sessions you will have written assignments to complete prior to your feedback session.
You will learn about:
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640