This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent Water Polo Coach.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements through a series of Zoom sessions, followed by assessment tasks and practical delivery of coaching sessions.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate who wants to become an Independent Water Polo Coach.
If you are eligible to receive the Swim England Member Offer please refer to the Coaching Course Booking Process. If you book onto the course and discover you are eligible for the offer, we will be unable to provide you with a refund.
Course delivery format
- 5 x Zoom webinars – During these sessions, the tutor will cover the theory topics and assessment materials with you.
- You will be required to complete assessment work alongside the Zoom sessions, your tutor will set this for you during these sessions.
- 4 x practical assessment sessions at the pool – these will consist of a meet and greet, planning and preparation, session delivery, peer observations and feedback. You will then also need to complete evaluations and an action plan.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a Water Polo Coach
- Nutrition and hydration for water polo
- Bio-mechanical principles in water polo
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled player
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach water polo sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet player needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support players and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach
Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach – Blended Learning
An ASA Level 1 Award in Coaching Water Polo or an equivalent ASA Water Polo qualification taken in or after 1994.
If you are unsure if your qualification meets the pre-requisites, please check with the Institute of Swimming on 01509 640640
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640
Whitgift School, Haling Park