This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent Water Polo coach.
While pools were closed, we adapted this certificate and split the theory and practical elements into two courses:
- Theory – This will be delivered online through interactive e-learning and zoom webinars.
- Practical – This will start with a series of zoom webinars to cover some practical topics and your venue orientation. You will then go on to do four or more, half-day practical training sessions at the pool and a final webinar with your tutor.
This course is the first half and covers the theory only.
The webinars will be led by your tutor and you will be guided through the course content along with others on your course. You will be involved in group activities, able to ask questions and interact with others.
The webinar itinerary can be seen below. You must attend all sessions and please ensure that you are in a suitable learning environment with strong internet access.
The first webinar will help you kick-off your studies. You will be guided through the structure of the course and how to access and start your e-learning.
The webinars will last around three hours each and you will have time in-between to complete set tasks and sections of your e-learning.
Our specialist e-learning is split into bite-sized pieces so you can work through these elements of the course online at home, at your own pace.
Once you have completed your theoretical training you will then be able to book on to your practical sessions which will include more course content, your coaching sessions and assessment at the pool.
As this certificate is split into theory and practical sessions, we are splitting the course fee into two separate payments.
When you start the course and begin your online learning, you will only have to pay £250.
Once you have finished all the theory, you can book your practical session and make your final payment (Total RRP £650).
This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate, developing your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent water polo coach.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a water polo coach
- Nutrition and hydration for water polo
- Bio-mechanical principles in water polo
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled player
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach water polo sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet player needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support players and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for professional development
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach.
- How to Enrol:
- Click book on course or use the contact details below.
You must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course.
Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach
Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach – Blended Learning
Swim England Assistant Water Polo Coach – Club Offer – Blended Learning
Institute of Swimming
- 01509 640640