Welcome to the Dementia Friendly Swimming resource page. We have produced a range of helpful guides, templates and marketing resources to help you to deliver Dementia Friendly Swimming sessions in your area.
Download our report, Making swimming accessible for people with dementia, to read more about the benefits and outcomes of our project.
You can also download an Overview and key findings document from the report, produced in April 2018.
There are a range of other resources available to help you deliver Dementia Friendly Swimming sessions – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to these documents.
Available documents are listed below:
Making Your Sessions Dementia Friendly
- How to tailor sessions for Dementia Friendly Swimming
- Is your leisure centre dementia friendly?
- Locker saddle
- Swim England Environment Assessment Tool
- Year one key learnings: facilities
- FAQs Leaflet Example
- Dementia Friendly Swimming colour logo
- Dementia Friendly Swimming black and white logo
- Action plan
Tips For Research and Marketing
- Establishing partnerships and outreach
- Year one learnings: marketing, recruiting and retaining participants
- Year one learnings: steering groups
- Year one learnings: user groups
- Flyer – understanding dementia in the leisure environment
- Training checklist – understanding dementia in the leisure environment
You can use these logos on your marketing collateral to promote your Dementia Friendly Swimming sessions. If you need any further guidance on how to use the logos please email email@example.com.
If you wish to view the logo Pantone codes click here.