Swimming Endurance Pool Training Session 1January 1, 2019
In Pool Training Session 1 you will swim 10 lengths of a 25 metre pool, or 250 metres.
- Lengths: 10
- Distance: 250m
- Difficulty: Mild
- Equipment Required: Kickboard
- Download the printable version of this session
Pool Training Session 1
View the warm up, skill development, main set or swim down parts of the session below.
- Swim 2 lengths using your first choice of stroke without resting
- Holding a float, kick for 2 lengths using your first choice of stroke
- Rest 30 seconds after each length
- Swim 4 lengths using the same stroke as in your warm up
- Rest every 2 lengths until your breathing returns to normal
- Swim 2 lengths using a stroke of your choice without resting
How did this session feel?
If you struggled towards the end of the session, why not try it again next time you visit the pool?
If you think you’re ready to progress, move up to Session 2.