Swimming Endurance Pool Training Session 11January 1, 2019
In Pool Training Session 11 you will swim 30 lengths of a 25 metre pool, or 750 metres.
- Lengths: 30
- Distance: 750m
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Download the printable version of this session
Pool Training Session 11
View the warm up, skill development, main set or swim down parts of the session below.
- Swim 8 lengths alternating between front crawl and backstroke.
- Swim slowly for first 2 lengths and gradually increase speed over the next 6 lengths.
- Swim 6 lengths using your second choice of stroke.
- Try to reduce the number of strokes you take each length (see tip on Download).
- Rest 15 seconds after each length.
- Swim 12 lengths alternating every 3 lengths between front crawl and backstroke.
- Rest 30 seconds every 3 lengths.
- Swim at steady effort.
- Swim 4 lengths with a swim stroke of your choice.
- Swim at easy effort.
How did this session feel?
If you struggled towards the end of the session, why not try it again next time you visit the pool?
If you think you’re ready to progress, move up to Session 12.