Go Swimming has everything you need to know about swimming. If you are a parent, a non swimmer or just want to improve your technique this is the section for you.

In British Swimming you will find information about the world of high performance sport, including the disciplines of Swimming, Diving, Synchronised Swimming, Water Polo and Para-Swimming.

The ASA is the governing body for the sport in England. In this section you will find all you need to know about joining a club or competing in England and becoming a swimming teacher or coach.

The IoS delivers the ASA’s courses and is a member organisation. Whether you are a teacher, coach, employer or club you will find everything you need to know about qualifications or educating your workforce.

Accessibility - Text Only - Display Options - Accessibility

FAQ - Medical Declaration Form

Have a query about the Medical Declaration Form? See if our FAQs below answer your question. If not please email renewals@swimming.org

Q. Who needs to complete a Medical Declaration form?

A. Anyone representing Great Britain or their Home Country internationally or competing in a British Swimming the ASA, SASA or WASA National event (all disciplines, excluding masters) and taking medication whether prescribed by a Doctor or purchased from a pharmacy or other retail outlet is also required to declare these details to British Swimming by completing a Medication Declaration Form. (Please note a new medical declaration form MUST be completed annually even if the medication prescribed has not been altered or if no medication is being taken and whenever the medication is changed)

Q. For what purpose is this information needed?

A. The reason advance notification is necessary is in order to determine if any Athlete needs a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) as without one an Athlete who is tested runs the risk of receiving a positive doping test. This is of concern as British Swimming has overall responsibility for regulating doping control in all the disciplines of the sport of swimming.

Q. Where can Medical Declaration forms be obtained?

A. This form can be ordered from renewals@swimming.org or CLICK HERE to download.

Click here to return to FAQ index page

Subscribe to Swimming Times today for all the latest aquatics news IoS Training For Level 2 Teaching Qualifications Purchase today Sign up to the ASA School Swimming Charter. We're taking swimming seriously, are you? Baby Swimming Lesson Guidelines - Parents