Development with Swim England Synchro TalentJanuary 9, 2017
The Swim England Synchro Talent team deliver high-quality training and competition for the most promising young synchronised swimmers in England.
3 Levels of the Talent Programme
- Up to 10 athletes. They will be just under the level of Age Group squad that standard a realistic chance of qualifying to the Age Group squad the following year.
Age Group Squad
- Up to 12 athletes. Must be aged between 13 and 15 years.
- Up to 20 athletes. Includes junior and senior squads. Check out the image of the England senior squad from the London 2016 European Championships at the top of the page.
For the Development and Age Group Squads, athletes are selected from their performances at the National Age Group Championships and a further selection camp following the Championships. The Training Squad holds open trials annually, usually in September.
2018 Squad Trials
Trials for the Junior Training Squad will take place on Saturday 23 September.
Trials for the Age Group Squad will take place on Saturday 2 December.
Both trials will be held at Hengrove Leisure Centre in Bristol. Information is available in the library below.
Selection is based on a number of physiological, technical and psychological factors as well as factors such as compatibility and work ethic.
If you become a member of one of the Swim England Synchro Talent squads, you will continue to work with their home clubs.
But you will also be expected to follow a training plan and attend compulsory training days at a mixture of camps and weekends.
Selection Policies and Information
You can download the latest Swim England Synchro Talent selection policies and squad information documents using the folders below.
If you have a question about England Programmes Synchronised Swimming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim England Synchro Talent Training Squad
The trials for the 2017 senior and junior squads took place at Crystal Palace on 17-18 September.
- Hannah Randall (Rushmoor) – seniors only
- Katie Clark (Reading Royals) – seniors only
- Olivia Federici (Rushmoor) – seniors only
- Ilaria Brandimarte (Team Bath) – seniors only
- Kate Shortman (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Isabelle Thorpe (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Danielle Cooper (Rushmoor) – both squads
- Emma Critchley (Rushmoor / Reading Royals) – both squads
- Greta Hampson (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Rebecca Richardson (City of Leeds) – both squads
- Torrie Usher (Rushmoor) – both squads
- Celina Dembinska-Kenner (Rushmoor) – juniors only
- Daniella Lloyd (City of Bristol) – juniors only
- Hariette Smith (Reading Royals) – juniors only
- Abigail Taylor (Reading Royals) – juniors only
- Millie Costello (City of Leeds) – juniors only
- Teri-Faye Coupar (Reading Royals) – juniors only