The ASA England Talent Synchro Programme delivers high-quality training and competition for the most promising young synchronised swimmers in England.
The current Programme features three levels:
- England Development Squad – up to 10 athletes, they will be just under the level of Age Group squad that standard a realistic chance of qualifying to the Age Group squad the following year.
- England Age Group Squad – up to 12 athletes, athletes must be aged between 13 and 15 years.
- England Training Squad – up to 20 athletes. Check out the image of the England senior squad from the London 2016 European Championships at the top of the page.
For the Development and Age Group Squads, athletes are selected from their performances at the ASA National Age Group Championships and a further selection camp following the Championships. The Training Squad holds open trials annually, usually in September.
Selection is based on a number of physiological, technical and psychological factors as well as factors such as compatibility and work ethic.
Athletes selected for the squads will continue to work with their home clubs, but will be expected to follow a training plan and attend the compulsory England train days at a mixture of camps and weekends.
The England Talent Synchro programme is managed by the ASA Talent Development Officer, coached by staff from the four synchronised swimming beacon programmes, along with the Synchro National Coach and other club coaches and volunteers.
The vision for the ASA England Talent Synchro Programme is to become a world leading Talent Pathway, improve general level of athletes in figures and routines, educate and prepare athletes for the next level of the performance pathway, prepare athletes to compete internationally and keep talented athletes engaged within a National programme.
Selection Policies and Information 2016
You can download the latest England Programmes Synchro selection policies and squad information documents using the folders below.
England Programmes Synchro
Take a look at the 2016 squads below.
England Programmes Synchro Squads 2017
The trials for the 2017 senior and junior squads took place at Crystal Palace on 17-18 September.
- Hannah Randall (Rushmoor) – seniors only
- Phoebe Bradley-Smith (City of Birmingham) – seniors only
- Ilaria Brandimarte (Team Bath) – seniors only
- Kate Shortman (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Isabelle Thorpe (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Danielle Cooper (Rushmoor) – both squads
- Emma Critchley (Rushmoor / Reading Royals) – both squads
- Greta Hampson (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Rebecca Richardson (City of Leeds) – both squads
- Torrie Usher (Rushmoor) – both squads
- Celina Dembinska-Kenner (Rushmoor) – juniors only
- Daniella Lloyd (City of Bristol) – juniors only
- Hariette Smith (Reading Royals) – juniors only
- Abigail Taylor (Reading Royals) – juniors only
- Millie Costello (City of Leeds) – juniors only
- Teri-Faye Coupar (Reading Royals) – juniors only
Age Group Squad
Squadswill be selected following the ASA National Age Group Synchronised Swimming Championships 2016
Squad will be selected following the ASA National Age Group Synchronised Swimming Championships 2016
ASA Beacon Programmes
There are four beacon synchronised swimming programmes which underpin the England Talent programme, hosting regional training days for selected athletes and acting as the first rung of the ladder for the England programme before the England Talent Development Squad.
The objectives of the beacon programmes are to develop pathways with the athletes’ needs firmly centered at the heart of the club.
The four ASA synchronised swimming beacon programmes are:
- City of Bristol Synchronised Swimming Club
- City of Leeds Synchronised Swimming Club
- Reading Royals Synchronised Swimming Club
- Rushmoor Synchronised Swimming Club