Development with England Programmes SynchroJanuary 9, 2017
The ASA England Programmes Synchronised Swimming team deliver high-quality training and competition for the most promising young synchronised swimmers in England.
The current programme features three levels:
- Development Squad
Up to 10 athletes. They will be just under the level of Age Group squad that standard a realistic chance of qualifying to the Age Group squad the following year.
- Age Group Squad
Up to 12 athletes. Must be aged between 13 and 15 years.
- Training Squad
Up to 20 athletes. Includes junior and senior squads. Check out the image of the England senior squad from the London 2016 European Championships at the top of the page.
For the Development and Age Group Squads, athletes are selected from their performances at the ASA National Age Group Championships and a further selection camp following the Championships. The Training Squad holds open trials annually, usually in September.
Selection is based on a number of physiological, technical and psychological factors as well as factors such as compatibility and work ethic.
If you become a member of one of the England Programmes Synchronised Swimming squads, you will continue to work with their home clubs.
But you will also be expected to follow a training plan and attend compulsory training days at a mixture of camps and weekends.
Selection Policies and Information 2016
You can download the latest England Programmes Synchro selection policies and squad information documents using the folders below.
England Programmes Synchro
If you have a question about England Programmes Synchronised Swimming, please email email@example.com.
England Programmes Synchronised Swimming Training Squad
The trials for the 2017 senior and junior squads took place at Crystal Palace on 17-18 September.
Click on the name of an athlete to find out more about them.
- Hannah Randall (Rushmoor) – seniors only
- Katie Clark (Reading Royals) – seniors only
- Olivia Federici (Rushmoor) – seniors only
- Ilaria Brandimarte (Team Bath) – seniors only
- Kate Shortman (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Isabelle Thorpe (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Danielle Cooper (Rushmoor) – both squads
- Emma Critchley (Rushmoor / Reading Royals) – both squads
- Greta Hampson (City of Bristol) – both squads
- Rebecca Richardson (City of Leeds) – both squads
- Torrie Usher (Rushmoor) – both squads
- Celina Dembinska-Kenner (Rushmoor) – juniors only
- Daniella Lloyd (City of Bristol) – juniors only
- Hariette Smith (Reading Royals) – juniors only
- Abigail Taylor (Reading Royals) – juniors only
- Millie Costello (City of Leeds) – juniors only
- Teri-Faye Coupar (Reading Royals) – juniors only