Out To Swim double up on gold medals in duet competitionsNovember 12, 2022
Out To Swim secured double duet gold at the Swim England Artistic Swimming National Masters Championships 2022.
Their pairing of Eleanor George and Justine Morelli topped the podium in the 30-39 Years age group Duet competition, which was later followed by success in the Mixed Duet event.
George and Morelli finished with an overall score of 119.3432 after achieving 58.0765 for their Technical Duet routine and 61.2667 for their Free Duet routine.
There wasn’t much to separate second and third places in that same age group, with Seymour Synchro finishing just above Bramcote as they took silver and bronze respectively.
Susan Innes and John Kelly then teamed up for the second duet delight for Out To Swim.
The duo’s first swim saw them earn a technical score of 51.1451, and added to their free score of 49.1667, they finished with a total of 100.3118 points.
Success for Seymour
Seymour were able to get their hands on gold in the 25-29 Years age group through Elizabeth Winter and Yessane Rimbon.
They managed a strong overall score of 126.3215 to finish ahead of City of Leeds’ pairing of Rosie Barrington and Deanne Ward (122.4411).
Aquavision North London’s Madeleine Berry and Natalija Ambrazaite were the victors in the 18-24 Years age group with an impressive 135.3294.
Eloise Heathcote-Sharif and Eloise Sewell of Aqualina finished in second place with a score of 120.9157, followed by Norwich’s Lois Nevard and Freya Nevard (114.7138) in third.
In the 40-49 Years age group, Rushmoor continued to collect medals as they finished on top of the podium thanks to Carla Sanders and Francesca Feast.
Their gold medal-winning score was 118.6470, nearly eight points higher than their nearest rival.
Rugby’s Julie Bowler-Smith and Sandra Anstruther were next up with 110.9804, followed by Bethany Whorlow and Melanie Grierson of Medway (98.7750).
After individual success in the Free Solo competition, Aqualina’s Alina White and Jayne Jarvis (116.5334) joined forces to take another gold medal for their club in the 50-59 Years age group.
Gaye Greely and Margaret Hamerton of Brighton also brought home gold in the 60-69 Years age group with 104.1922.
Full results for each event can be found on the event page.
Duet and Mixed Duet results
- 1 – Gaye Greely and Margaret Hamerton (Brighton Dolphin SC) 104.1922
- 1 – Alina White and Jayne Jervis (Aqualina) 116.5334
- 1 – Carla Sanders and Francesca Feast (Rushmoor Artistic SC) 118.6470
- 2 – Julie Bowler-Smith and Sandra Anstruther (Rugby SC) 110.9804
- 3 – Bethany Whorlow and Melanie Grierson (Medway Artistic Swimming) 98.7750
- 1 – Eleanor George and Justine Morelli (Out To Swim) 119.3432
- 2 – Chiara Francesca Paoli, Katie Holyoak, and Ainhoa Comino (Seymour Synchro) 111.2275
- 3 – Rebecca Greatorex and Sarah Brown (Bramcote SC) 109.0000
- 1 – Elizabeth Winter and Yessane Rimbon (Seymour Synchro) 126.3215
- 2 – Rosie Barrington and Deanne Ward (City of Leeds) 122.4411
- 1 – Madeleine Berry and Natalija Ambrazaite (Aquavision North London) 135.3294
- 2 – Eloise Heathcote-Sharif and Eloise Sewell (Aqualina) 120.9157
- 3 – Lois Nevard and Freya Nevard (Norwich Synchro) 114.7138
- 1 Susan Innes and John Kelly (Out To Swim) 100.3118
Photos: Will Johnston Photography